Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

It's hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine =)
**

This week's pick is one that I found when stalking a lovely blogger's wishlist (hehe, Cass from Words on Paper, it's you xD) on Goodreads because.. well, I couldn't think of a book! Anyways, I saw this one and I had no idea this author was coming out with her sophomore novel.. I mean I probably should have expected it. Anyways, I loved her debut, Hate List (review here) and can't wait for this one!

Bitter End

by Jennifer Brown

Summary:

When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole--a handsome, funny sports star who adores her--she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate...someone who truly understands her and loves her for who she really is.

At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her close friend Zack, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all her time with another boy? As the months pass, though, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, and increasingly violent threats. As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose--between her "true love" and herself.

**
Despite perhaps a slightly predictable storyline, I'm pretty confident Jennifer Brown can turn it into something wonderful. Her first novel was so fantastic, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I can't wait to read this book!

Bitter End is released May 10, 2011 from Little, Brown.







source: here
this book on Goodreads
author blog

20 comments:

  1. That sounds good and the cover is cute !! Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds great, hope you get to enjoy it when you get it.

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I have not read a book where the boyfriend is abusive, and I think this an issue that very much needs to be in the hands of teens as I fear it happens more than often than it should. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this one!!! I'm going to have to check it out now, thanks! Great pick!

    Here's what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The premise sounds a bit like another upcoming novel this year called "But I Love Him" :)

    I've heard great things about Brown's writing but I haven't read The Hate List.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks good. I am definitely going to have to get it. Will check out her other book first.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome. I love contemp fiction that deals with real issue. Will have to check out her first book too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Hate List and I can't wait for this one! Great pick:)
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to this one too. I have Sarah Dessen's Dreamland (I believe it's about abuse) and I still need to read it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This ones sounds great. I haven't read Jennifer Brown yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. l like the sound of this, deals with a tough thing to write about though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally want this one! I actually just put it on my WOW for next week. I only do WOW every other week but when I found this one I absolutely had to include it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loveeed Hate List, even made me cry a little! Haven't heard about this one but it's going on my PTR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this author...I'll read whatever she writes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eke! It does sound a bit predicable, but I still wanna read it. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm super excited for this one! I really loved Hate List. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually just heard of this now. I'm excited! I haven't read anything of Jennifer Brown's so I've yet to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read anything by Jennifer Brown yet but I'm adding this one to my wishlist since it sounds like it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really good! I've heard good things about Hate List, sadly it's still waiting to be read in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*