Saturday, February 5, 2011

Movie Thoughts: Despicable Me


Summary


Despicable Me is about a villain, Gru, who is being outdone by his nemesis Vector (Direction AND Magnitude! LOL). In order to claim his spot at the top, he tries to steal the friggin moon, and in the process adopts three orphan girls to help his plan. Little does he know these girls are going to turn his life upside down.

My Thoughts

Oh gosh, this movie is CUUUTE! I am in love with Agnes, the youngest girl, oh gosh she eats my heart for breakfast. Anyways, this film was entertaining, funny, heartfelt and enjoyable! I thought there was a perfect blend of feeling and humour, there are parts that made me laugh out loud or just go awwwww.

The animation is wonderful (as usual), and I also really liked the plot. I thought it did lose a bit of steam towards the end, it got a bit too cheesy for my liking (not to mention hugely predictable). Despite this, I loved the ideas of Vector and Gru competing to be the greatest villain, awesome! The minions are amazing too :)

And to those who have seen it: IT'S SO FLUFFEHHHHHHHHH!!!!! xD

Popcorn review: An entertaining and simply lovely animated movie that is sure to make you drown in adorable-ness along with giggle uncontrollably.

8.8/10

14 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I keep hearing how cute this is, and I really want to see it...it sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT MOIVE!!!!!
    ITS SO FUFFY I COULD DIEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a great movie, my kids want to watch it over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about watching this movie this weekend...now I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Bethany said... favorite!
    My cousins and I always quote the minion's "Whhaaa?" when they're all jumping on the bed. Hhah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Despicable Me! This movie and Wall-E are two of my all time favorites, I'm kind of childish in that way :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie was SO good! Much better than I had expected it to be. I think the little yellow workers were my favourite haha. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this movie!!! Agnes is the best character :) I agree.

    I just can't say how much I love this movie!!

    "Does this count as annonying? (pop pop pop)" hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i still have yet to see this! i've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. unicorns i love them, unicorns i love them!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great movie review. I really want to see this one. Love animation movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that there were moments when the energy was lower than I would have liked. But overall it was a fun movie. LOVE the minions. Steve Carell is great, too.

    Laura Hartness
    The Calico Critic

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*