Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday's Finest (35)

Friday's Finest is hosted by Justine at A Bookful of Thoughts :)

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

It's kind of nice to know for once exactly what I'm posting on this blog today, it's very much been in limbo for the last couple weeks and I've got lots of ideas floating around and such... Anyways, I knew exactly what book I would be taking the quote from.

Book: The Lover's Dictionary
by David Levithan

Quote:
reservation, n.

There are times when I worry that I've already lost myself. That is, that my self is so inseparable from being with you that if we were to separate, I would no longer be. I save this thought for when I feel the darkest discontent. I never meant to depend so much on someone else.

**

Honestly, I totally adored this book. All the 'dictionary entries' are so quotable that I pretty much flipped to a random page and picked it. I love the honestly and the mixed emotions portrayed in those mere pages. Expect a glowing review soon :)

8 comments:

  1. Such an awesome, awesome book. I want to keep it forever and never give it back to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this book, so pretty and awesome looking! Lovely quote hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read this book it looks like my kind of thing! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love David Levithan! I haven't read this one yet. Looks great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many great things about this book. I need to get my hands on it stat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay this book and yay David Levithan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O wow. That's good! Who hasn't thought that at some point :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*