Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's Finest (34)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I quoted the same book last time I did this meme, I know! But still, another line stood out easily to me in a very quotable book, it’s just a snippet of what makes this book wonderful. Moriarty has this uncanny ability to write about teens, look out for my review soon :)

Book: Feeling Sorry for Celia
by Jaclyn Moriarty

Quote:
A school counsellor once told Celia that she ran away because she was trying to find her “adult self” which was a normal thing for adolescents to do.

**

Can I say trufax? I'm still splashing around in this huge ocean called life, trying to find my adult self, so I could always use some help. And which is why I adore this quote.

6 comments:

  1. How funny.
    Thinking back to my teen years (way back) that makes allot of sense. I like this quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing all the time -- going back to books and quoting them. I've recorded them and everything!

    Mmm, this is true because I can relate too ;) I just wonder what will happen to me when it's time for me to enter the workforce. *scary*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juju- I'm glad :)

    Alexa- I know, the book rocked!

    Justine- I know this sounds bad but I only dog-ear library book for quotes, not my own bought-books... so the most wonderful quotes are less recorded :( haha and yes... *scary* just looking into the future is scary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for splashers! We can hold hands and swim, sister. (Er, if we don't drown like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in my *cough* 30's *cough* and I still haven't found my adult self. *sighs*

    Looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*