Monday, February 28, 2011

February, lookin' back

Did ya'll watch the Oscars last night? Like/dislike? James Franco had me raising my eyebrows, and I'm wondering, for those who've seen The King's Speech, would you recommend? I really want to see it... okay, moving on.

Can I just start by saying February was a FABULOUS READING MONTH for me?!? I read so many amazing books, and I don't think I disliked even one! YAY. And trust me, this isn't me being 'easy' on books, I have picky standards and all these novels have been rocking my world.


This is February in Review at holes in my brain.

Book Reviews (8)

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Thoughts

Oh my gosh, I think I immensely enjoyed every single book I read this month, they were all special in their own way. I finished quite a few books too which is nice because I've been crazy busy. I wanted to include books read as well, but alas, I guess you'll have to wait until reviews are posted.

Book of the Month

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (9.3/10)! It was a pretty tight race until this past weekend when I devoured this gem. Totally amazing. I hope you liked my review ;)

Honourable Mentions

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien - it was such a clever and thrilling dystopian. Also, The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan, ooh, you can expect gushing when I put out my review, simply exquisite.

Both these novels got 9.1/10 from me.

Also, this month I...
*
Had my first interview with an author! Siobhan Vivian, author of Not That Kind of Girl. Exciting!
*
Offered some tips on stopping your procrastination streak
*
Featured two covers on "Another Cover": Supernaturally and So Silver Bright
*
Made a list of Top 5 Reasons to Choose Book Boyfriends over Real Ones!
*
Gave my thoughts on the cutest movie, Despicable Me
*

Parting Thoughts

Very great reading month, not so much school-wise though. I'm stressed as ever and there's so much grad stuff coming up that I don't even want to think about to be honest. Anyways, here's to a less stressful March :) With books just as good. Also, I noticed on the "also, I" list I didn't have that many extras, I'll try to change that next month.

Looking Ahead

I know I said last month I was gonna get a new header, and yes, it will come soon sometime xD Also, in April, I'm posting an interview with the amazing Gayle Forman! Haha, I'm excited, and it's two months away. Also, I'm searching out some more Aussie YA which I am just loving, so I hope to have something after finishing up with Jaclyn Moriarty books. Also, spring break is coming up soon!!!!!!! *so insanely excited* except it means more due dates :(


8 comments:

  1. awesome awesome month. and i've only read FOUR of them (but they are 4 of my faves) and the other 5 are hovering around on my wish list :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Anna & The French Kiss being the book of the month!!!! You have read some great books this month. Here is hoping March is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I adore James Franco isn't he just gorgeous?! Great wrap up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great month! So busy and so many good books :)

    I saw The King's Speech and I enjoyed it a lot. It was funnier than I was expecting and very well acted. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice reading month!
    Hope March will be less stressful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh you had an awesome month!
    I gave you the One Lovely Blog award! If you wanna check it out, here's the link:
    http://yabookloverblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Congrats and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I highly recommend The King's Speech; although I've only seen 6/10 of the best picture noms, I thought it was definitely the best.
    Hope your March reading is equally good as February's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey, this is a great wrap up. I'm glad you had a great reading month. And I enjoyed the author interview and the tips you offered on preventing procrastination.

    Can't wait for the Gayle Forman interview! Love her! *bounces*

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*