Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Another Cover (3) ; so silver bright

So I saw this post at Frenetic Reader and it was like minutes after I finished my last Another Cover post, but Khy featured two new book covers, the second which I couldn't get out of my head which is why I'm having another cover post so soon. Sorry for that rambly sentence...

Title: So Silver Bright
series: Théâtre Illuminata #3
Author: Lisa Mantchev
Genre: magical realism


Summary:
Things are never easy for Beatrice Shakespeare Smith. Something's happened to the Théâtre Illuminata, putting the only home she's ever known in limbo. Her mother's sanity is fraying under the strain, her father has vanished and an angry goddess is out for revenge. Bertie is caught between her duties and her dreams, just as her heart is torn between Ariel and Nate. But hope glimmers in a Distant Castle, and if Bertie can put on the performance of her life, maybe she can win the magical boon that may save them all.

Books 1 & 2 in the series:


**
My Thoughts:

Initially: Wowza.

Stop and Stare? Yes! and add to the end of that, "Swoon"

Image: I loove everything about it, starting from the fact that it looks simply whimsical and not a photo-photo. In the name of Tim Gunn, the designer makes it work. The white dress is incredible, and I love the pop of the girl's silver hair! And the faeries! Too awesome!

Font: Beautiful, and I know it's minor but I like how on some letters there's a dot, I think it just adds a little touch :)

Colours: Just great, seriously, absolutely no complaints. The white and silver makes the image pop, and nothing is lost to the background. The faeries add a wonderful touch of colour too.

HP Rating: Outstanding!!

Will I Read? Hopefully, after I read the second book that is! I liked the first one very much :)

**

So what do YOU think of the cover? And believe me, there is only ONE right answer ;)







this book on Goodreads
author blog
series website


So Silver Bright is released Sept. 13, 2011 from Feiwel and Friends

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the covers for this series. I think this one is my favorite!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the best cover out of the series, girl I need to read the first asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved the covers for these books but never got into the book itself really

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna have to say that book one hold my favorite cover of the series thus far, though the newest cover is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to reas these books so bad

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo purdy! I love her dress; I would seriously wear that for prom ;)
    (I have no dress yet!!! I've gone shopping twice and have found none for me! I have seen many good ones in BCBG stores but oh man, the prices are scary.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason Chan is a fave artist of mine ~ she was SO LUCKY to get him to do her covers ~ I bet some people bought these books just for the cover ~ I know that's what I am tempted to do :)

    I like your cover posts ~ and how could you resist doing another one so soon when this one was just revealed!

    have an awesome day! (or, you know, whatever time zone you're in! :)
    xo Nomes

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous is that cover! I just might stare at it all day....So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the covers of this series. I think this last one is my favorite of them all. They're so pretty, but they're also really different from all the other covers out there. They definitely stand out, and in a very good way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those books, it's a great mix of fantasy and theatre ^_^

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*