Wednesday, January 5, 2011

yearbook Quotes help?

So as some of you know, I'm graduating from high school this June and I have to have a "grad write-up" which is basically 200 characters, and it goes in the yearbook. I could always go with the cliched "Congrats Grads of 2011..." but I obvs don't want to :p

I was hoping you guys could help me! I'd love to include a quote.. but I don't really want it too philosophical (like c'mon...) but I'd like it to be nice and life-related... and not cheesy. Something intelligent but not blatantly obvious. Interesting... maybe inspirational..

One that's been swimming around in my head is "This life is made of dreams" which is word for word from an author's website during the six-word memoir Road Trip Wednesday at YA Highway. Whew, what a sentence (I'll search for a link later, I do believe it's Kristin Miller...).





But I find it's a bit short, a bit abrupts (six words!) and I'd love some help. Also, if you'd like, I'd LOVE to know what YOU wrote as your yearbook quote!

So help a girl out? It's due Monday xD And I'll let you know what I decide on.



EDIT: see what I decided to actually write here :) and thanks everybody for your help!!!






*All images courtesy of Weheartit.com

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with this! I'm terrible with picking quotes. I don't even remember what quote I went with.

    Congrats on your upcoming graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "we do not remember days, we remember moments." That is a really good way to look back on high school. I graduated a few years ago now, so my grad write-up is a little embarrassing, but I used a quote from a poet that a lot of my classmates know that I though was pretty meaningful.

    "Our lives consist of the efforts we give in swimming towards the lost continent" - Shane Koyczan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Audrey, I totally forgot about this! You can do what my friend is doing, which is the quote from The Hunger Games: "May the odds be ever in your favor!" I think it's brilliant. But thanks for this post, it will surely help ME (as i'm in need of help too)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good one: http://weheartit.com/entry/5369236

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote from Green Day "It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you've had the time of your life." Or Dave Matthews, "Tomorrow is no place to place your better days."

    But then again, I am showing my age when I pick these, ha ha. I graduated high school in 2001. Good luck with your quote pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At my school we have a year book every year and last year I took a Christopher Reeve quote (one that's actually tacked to my wall a la the "keep your feet on the ground" above.

    "At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually, inevitable."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since your a book reader:

    Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

    or

    A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella

    I so don't remember even writing anything for my yearbook..LOL Wow that was way to long ago..I feel so old. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't do yearbooks in the Uk, or we didn't when I left High School many moons ago :)

    I really love soem of the quotes here, especially the Hunger Games one and the Green Day one.

    I also love the "This life is made of dreams" but I'd add "make sure you live yours" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to help, but sadly I have no experience in this area and never want any. ;D Trying to sound extra brilliant is always stressful!

    I'm sure you'll manage though. :D You're more creative (word-wise at least than half the people I know, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such awesome ones there Audrey, here are some I liked

    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

    “True goodbyes are the ones never said or explained.”

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*