Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

It's hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine =]
**

I couldn't thik of this week's pick so I was wandering through Twitter and saw a tweet about winning ARCs (LOL don't judge). Of course, I clicked the link and it led me to a book that just looks positively spiffing.

Steel
by Carrie Vaughn

Summary:

When Jill finds a rusty sword tip on a Caribbean beach, she is instantly intrigued—and little expects it will transport her through time to the deck of a pirate ship. Will a dark enchantment, salty kisses, and a duel with an evil pirate captain leave her stranded in the eighteenth century forever?

Drawing on piratical lore and historical fact, Carrie Vaughn creates a vivid world of swaying masts and swelling seas, where blood magic overrules the laws of nature, romance is in the air, and death can come at the single slip of a sword.
**

So, two words: pirates and time-travel. Count me in :)

Steel is released from HarperTeen on March 15, 2011







this book on Goodreads
author website

PS- the cover totally reminds me of Malinda Lo's Huntress for some reason.. even though they are way different xD

22 comments:

  1. Great pick Audrey !! The plot sounds really interesting and I love the cover ! You can check out my WoW here, if you want to : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of Steel. And sword-wieling heroines = exactly my taste. Can't wait to read it.

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis looks like such a great book to read. Can't wait either :) You can find my WOW at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely waiting on this one too. I mean it is Carrie Vaughn and the cover is grogeous! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is gorgeous and I never read a book that had pirates in it, sounds really good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound so interesting. I haven't read any pirate books. Can't wait for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in also ;) Steel is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pirates, time-travel, and a kick-ass heroine? Count me in as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A superb pick! It looks really intereasting. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spiffing lol that is so British my dear :D it looks freaking awesome, great pick Audrey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too!
    I want it bad!
    Great choice!

    Here is what I'm thinking about this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes yes yes! Me too!!! Pirates and time travel make a swashbuckling combination... I put out a request for this one but I don't know if I'll get it. :/ But I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen a few people with this book as their WoW pick this week. It sounds incredible and it's been on my list of books to read for a little while now. Awesome pick!

    My Waiting on Wednesday is:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you love pirates and time travel so this one is on my list has been since I first saw it.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE pirates! Thit sounds like a wonderful adventure novel full of romance and intrigue! Love it.

    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol, this one has been on my wishlist ever since I found out it involved pirates. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one really looks interesting and fun! It's definitely on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want this so bad. It was one of the arc's that our team got at work, but I wasn't quick enough and another librarian got to it before me. I'm still bitter! Great pick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seriously, those two words hooked me too. Plus, I love the pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*