Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine =]
**

So this week's pick just sounds like plain ol' fun. Seriously, I don't understand how Libba comes up with such wicked ideas! It seems ambitious, in the ambitiously-entertaining type of way...

Beauty Queens
by Libba Bray

Summary:
From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to emall. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.

**
Zomg, sound hilariously awesome or what?! What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

released: May 24, 2011 from Scholastic

16 comments:

  1. I love Libba Bray's books! Going Bovine is one of my favorites. I can't wait for this book either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. It does sound funny but also unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I'm intrigued. Such a breakaway from her other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to add this one to my list, sounds different and fun. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover just makes me giggle like crazy. Libba Bray is so funny - I'm looking forward to this one too.
    Megan @Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this one. It sounds like it'll be a mix between cute humor and dark humor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to read the other books written by Libba Bray, but this book sounds FUN. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. this. looks. amazing. i hadn't heard of this book til your post so thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sound so cool! : )
    Going bovine started to confuse me, so I hope this one is confusion free!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a huge fan of Libba's work. I am anxiously awaiting this one, but I have to admit - I hate the cover.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen this book around , wasn't sure about it but the more I see it , I might wanna give it a try. I love a good funny read.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking forward this book as well - Libba Bray is such a creative mind! The cover is a bit campy which is hilarious. I am anxiously awaiting Across the Universe...only a few more days :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a "gotta have it" for me, love Libba!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes this sounds brilliant and now I'm hanging out for it too.

    why didn;t someone think of writing this book sooner?

    off to check out where i can get this funky little book from...

    x

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*