Saturday, January 8, 2011

swoony boy Quotes

Because I love you guys so much, and I know you are probably as obsessed (oh come on, that's exaggerating!) with fictional boys as I am I though I'd just put together a short post containing quotes and segments that just make my heart melt.
**

ft: W.W. Hale from Heist Society (by Ally Carter)

Then, just as suddenly, [Kat] realized she wasn’t alone.

“If you die of pneumonia, I’m pretty sure there are at least a dozen guys who’ll try to kill me and make it look like an accident.”

Kat studies Hale’s reflection in the bakery window. He didn’t smile. He didn’t scold. He simply handed her a cup of hot chocolate and draped his heavy coat around her shoulders.
~I want my own Hale! Just the perfect mixture of swoon and cute.


ft: Milo from Fall for Anything (by Courtney Summers)

Milo would do almost anything for me. He’s been my best friend since second grade, when a brief but weird obsession with the original Star Trek got him sort of ostracized at the same time all the girls in our class decided a girl named Eddie must actually really be a boy.
~Milo is amazing, but this quote seriously doesn't do him justice.


ft: Dash from Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares (by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan)

I was horribly bookish, to the point of coming right out and saying it, which I knew was not socially acceptable. I particularly loved the adjective bookish, which I found other people used about as often as ramrod or chum or teetotaller.
~Oh, he had me at bookish. I love me some smart boys xD


ft: Jonah Griggs from On the Jellicoe Road (by Melina Marchetta)

When I turn around he cups my face in his hands and he kisses me so deeply that I don’t know who is breathing for who, but his mouth and tongue taste like warm honey. I don’t know how long it lasts, but when I let go of him, I miss it instantly.
~I think I just died a little inside. I can’t even express my love for this boy.

**
I wonder who didn’t see the Griggs one coming :p (if they’ve read the book and my blog, that is, hehe)

Well, I hope you enjoyed! I might do this again sometime, I don’t really have the best quotes I hoped to have but I’m kind of on a time thing since I wanted to get a post up today. Which was your favourite? And do you have any swoony boys I should dig up quotes for??







PS- while on the subject of quotes, please help me with choosing Yearbook Quotes? Pretty pretty please? and to those who have responded, a huuuge thanks, excellent food for thought! :)

18 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who dies a little when the read that Jonah and Taylor moment.

    Just got Fall For Anything. Can't wait to meet this Milo guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like Dash the best. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. FAB idea!
    B. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one. Warm honey? *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. with that qoute alone Idc if there are bad words I think I'm going to like jelliceo road X3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I must go read Jellicoe Road now. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE the quote from Heist Society!! Seriousley, I want to get a copy of THAT book!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonah Griggs <3 Favorite. Swoon at anything he says.

    Other ones I die for: Sam Roth, Shiver and Joe Fontaine, The Sky is Everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post! I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy, fantastic! :D Hale is awww, the sort of guy friend (:O or more?) you'd love! He's the only one I know out of these. But I have GOT to read On the Jellicoe Road!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh brilliant post! I swoon a little (maybe a lot) at Will from Perfect You, Will from Saving Francesca, Wes from the Truth about Forever and of course Eitenne from Anna and the French Kiss :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nic- hehe ;) And I hope you enjoy FFA, I loved it!!

    Beth- cheers for smart boys!

    Juju- haha thanks!! and le sigh xD

    kate- I hope you looove it, can't wait to read your thougts

    Alissa- yesss do that!! :D

    Nina- I know what you mean, it's actually what inspired the whole post! I was just like *sa-wooooon* Must. Share :p

    KT- Zomg, Joe Fontaine is soo awesome!!! :D Jonah is just the bestest :p

    Khy- booya!

    Erin- thanks! :)

    Justine- hehehe isn't Hale just awesome? And I think you'll really like Jellicoe *hint hint* xD

    Alexa- thanks! Oh, Wes and Will... yummmmm :p and I have just heard too many swoon-related stuff about Etienne! Maybe I'll post this style again, because you've given me some amazing suggestions!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg the Jellicoe road quote is so *sighhh* I really want to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this and I love that you included Griggs!

    The only boys I can think of beside these are.... Jace Wayland (CITY OF BONES), Puck (THE IRON KING), Peeta (DUH), Alex (DELIRIUM), Adam (WHERE SHE WENT), Wes (THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER), Po (GRACELING), St. Clair (ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS), and Brigan (FIRE).

    Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said "only." I have a long list of heart-throbs. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you are getting your own Hale, then I want my own Hale, cuz he is just too cute. I loved the banter back and forth between him and Kat when she was trying to guess at his name. *le swoon*

    Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet sweet moment ~ that taylor and griggs kiss.

    i'm so in the mood for that book again now.

    and, yes MILO.

    and HALE too.

    i need a sequel to this post. you have awesome taste.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love the moment between Taylor and Jonah Griggs. They are my favorite literary couple OF ALL TIME.

    I do love me some swoony quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*