Sunday, January 16, 2011

my bookshelf Tour!

Firstly, in nooo way whatsoever am I trying to 'brag'. I mean, when you see the pictures, I really don't have much to brag about compared to most book bloggers.

Secondly, this post is inspired by Madeleine Rex's post. And Kristi's post.

Thirdly, some parts whited out for paranoid reasons :p

Fourthly, I just wanted to post this because quite honestly, I love reading posts about other people's bookshelves, etc... I might be the only one, but oh well :p If you have a tour of your own, feel free to leave a link in comments so I can stop by!

Fifthly, clicking will make the picture really big. If you want to stalk my shelves...
**

So this is basically my bookshelf. It is not big. I know that :( And it's the only one I have so it's kind of overflowing because of that big fat printer. I have books lying around on the floor and my bedside table too...



These are the top two rows. First row is the majority of TBR (some of them are spread around my room too). Second row is... my favourite hardbacks/paperbacks :) So authors who never visit, if your book is there, congrats! The two far left are there because they're big and don't fit elsewhere...



Bottom two rows are my paperbacks and not-so-favourite hardbacks. Both are organized by author name. The very very bottom shelf is mostly trade/mass market/smaller-sized/adult genre books (again, focusing on tiny shelves!)


I actually have another row of books behind the ones shown, here is a peek. There are others behind the Millennium series, etc too. Books are 'hidden' mostly for space-saving.


Here are the books I have on the floor right now. They're basically there because I have no room for them on shelves! The top 5 books I haven't read yet either, but they don't fit on the first TBR row.



And lastly, my bedside table books! These are there for various reasons, whether to read and savour slowly (Revolution), a TBR (The Ancillary Mark), awesome bed-time re-reads (Heist Society, Let it Snow, Gayle Forman books), books I'm trying to read but isn't getting much love (Ash, Ghostgirl).... yeah. Usually I have a few more favourites but for now I'm keeping it neater.


**
So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the post, and if you had time to read through my commentary, awesome :)







PS- if you have good eyes you might have noticed I actually have two ARCs of The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong. I'll be having a quick contest for it soon, stay tuned :)

17 comments:

  1. Total hardcover envy.
    In Australia, most books come out first in paperback, so literally ALL of my books are paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ~ I so LOVE book shelf tours. I just had a good perve :)

    I don't really have any hard covers, but at least my paperbacks take up less room!

    I love your favourites shelf. I have a favourite shelf too :)

    I give away A LOT of my books. Basically I only keep them if they got 4 or 5 stars and if I think I'll re-read them again. Otherwise things just get out of hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool ;)

    I'm a hardcover girl so my shelf is giant. I like your shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like these. Super fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your bookshelf was fun! I also have books on my floor because I don't have anywhere else to put them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so many books! I probably have that many books in manga but not actually in books in my room since I rarely buy books unless they speak to me or are an absolute must ..yeah...

    but wow so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool piles of books. I love stalking other people's bookshelves, too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm a little bit of a book snob in that I like hardcovers more than paperbacks more too. Just want to say that your shelves look way more organized than mines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking at people's bookshelves. Most of mine are paperback since most Australian releases go straight to paperpack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance! Giving away
    Rot & Ruin and Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh cool! Thanks for sharing your bookshelves with us!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bookshelf tour! I love posts like these where people show their bookshelves. Great idea having a favorites shelf! I like to keep my hardcovers and paperbacks together too. And yay for Harry Potter being on your favorites shelf, I love that series so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love looking at people's shelves. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. where did you get the gathering?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved peeking at your bookself Audrey! I would love to do a tour of mine, but most of my books are stashed away in boxes. :( So not as much fun. Oh well, will just have to satisfy myself with touring other peoples shelves.
    Thanks for the insight.
    Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! I'm so glad you did this. I love looking at other people's bookshelves! And I think you might need a few more of them. :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*