Monday, January 31, 2011

January, lookin' back

I don't even remember if I made this a resolution, but anyways, I'll try to have 12 month-in-review posts this year. I'm 1 for 12 now.

This is January in review at holes In My brain.

Book Reviews (9) - wow, 9? Go me.

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

Gone by Lisa McMann

The Ancillary's Mark by Daniel A. Cohen

Victim Rights by Norah McClintock

After by Amy Efaw

The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney

What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan


Thoughts

Despite the fact that I posted so many reviews, a lot of them were from the previous month. I didn't get that many books read in January (7, I believe) and I'm hoping to change that.

Book of the Month

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (9.3/10) It was so good, when I finished I knew it would be my featured book.

Honourable Mention

Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian (9/10), it was excellent, I stayed up to read it yesterday, expect a review in Feb!

Also, this month I:
*
Posted my blogging New Year's Resolutions
*
I posted a giveaway for an ARC of WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman which I think you guys should enter. It ends on the fourth of Feb.
*
Movie Thoughts on The Town
*
Gave you guys a tour of my bookshelves!
*
Posted some really yummy, swoony boy quotes ;)
*
Entered two challenges, the Aussie YA Reading Challenge and the 'general' YA Reading Challenge
*
Discussed more quotes, this one for my yearbook
*

Parting Thoughts

I just hope I can read more books! Also, I want to revive Slam Sundays, I haven't spent enough time crawling around YouTube for some awesome ones to share. I

Looking Ahead

I'm getting a new banner so look out for that! :) That's my exciting news for now, but also, I do want to focus a lot more on schoolwork, I've been pretty neglectful since Christmas break.. Oh well.

I hope you guys had a good month! Feel free to click the links in the post, that's what they're here for ;)

And hellooooo February! Kicking off with the release of Delirium by Lauren Oliver, huh? Impressive! xD

3 comments:

  1. Audrey,

    Cool wrap up. Looking forward to checking out your new banner, though I love the current one.

    Oh, and can't wait to read your thoughts on Not that Kind of Girl.

    And stop promoting the Where She Went giveaway. It's mine. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the monthly wrap-up. Looking forward to seeing your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Not That Kind of Girl too-looking forward to your review! Have a great February!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*