Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday's Finest (31)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose
**

If you can remember, a while back I featured a quote for Friday's Finest for this same novel, it was a beautiful one on friendship that I adored. This time, this quote from the same book carries strength and edge, it also jumped out at me when I read it.

This novel is probably one of the most highly anticipated of 2011, and I hope you get a chance to read it? Here's a snippet about the cure...

Book: Delirium
by Lauren Oliver

Quote:
Hardly anything matters. They say the cure is about happiness, but I understand now that it isn't, and it never was. It's about fear: Fear of pain, fear of hurt, fear, fear, fear -- a blind animal existence, bumping between walls, shuffling between ever-narrowing hallways, terrified and dull and stupid.
Awesome? Heck yes. I love the tone and the delivery of this, it paints a picture with attitude and feeling.

Have you read Delirium? Will you?
It's released Feb. 1, 2011!

9 comments:

  1. Great quote! Delirium has a beautiful and powerful prose. Really enjoyed it and can't wait for book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this novel and it is just filled with beautiful quotes. Thanks for sharing lovey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What an amazing quote. I really really love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful quote! I LOVED Delirium! It is such a beautiful, thought-provoking novel. Even after I've finished it, written my review, and moved onto a new book, I come back to Delirium. I can't get it out of my head!

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read an excerpt online and I CANT WAIT!!!!! Great quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i can't wait for this book to be released and great quote! its so deep and meaningful such a powerful quote i think anyone who reads this will feel it deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'VE READ DELIRIUM!! How are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice quote! I love Lauren Oliver's books--both of them to date, so far. I don't remember this one, but I'm convinced I must re-read it!!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*