Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday's Finest (30)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules
:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

This week's pick is, quite simply put, fiiine. Like it's a luxury to be reading such fine-ness.

Book: Revolution
by Jennifer Donnelly

Quotes:
I play until my fingers are blue and stiff from the cold, and then I keep on playing. Until I'm lost in the music. Until I am the music-- the notes and chords, the melody and harmony. It hurts, but it's okay because when I'm the music, I'm not me. Not sad. Not afraid. Not desperate. Not guilty.

This is it. The big reconciliation scene. Where I run to him and he holds me and we cry bright silver tears and everything is better. I wait for the music to start. I wait for someone to cue the violins. For the cheap Hollywood score to kick in. But it doesn't. And it won't. I know that. I've been waiting for two years.

**
Aahh, trust me, of what I've read so far, the prose is just gorgeous. It's exquisite, this book is to be savoured.

I haven't finished this (not even close) but it's great so far. Which quote did you like more? (haha, you don't need to answer that)






this book on Goodreads

12 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I love how she's waiting for the Hollywood cues. Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of music put in! You chose them well :) I can't decide which one I like better because they're both amazingly written. And thanks to you, I just added this on goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I'm dieing to get my hands on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I love these two quotes, especially the last one. I really need to read this book.
    Have a great weekend Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! Stupidly, I have this from the library but left it in my flat and I'm staying at my parents' house this weekend so I won't be able to read it until Monday - argh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I absolutely loved this book. It was a rich source of amazing quotes. I wish I had it here with me (one of my students has it) because I'd quote the funny bit when Donnelly tells what an airport would be called if it were a country. Laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're equally wonderful! This book will be taunting and staring at me all night! Maybe I should stuff it in the fridge to keep it from haunting my dreams. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am right in the middle of this book. I love it, what a talented author!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sitting in a taxi, wondering if I had overdressed for the evening, when I looked out the window and saw Mom rooting through a Dumpster.
    --The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

    I would really like Revolution! It sounds soooo good.

    I love the music quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~Oh my gosh, all you're guys' lovely thoughts on the book makes me itching to go back and read!! thanks for the great comments!! xx
    and Shari- ooh, love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome quotes! I've heard wonderful things about this book, so I guess I need to hurry up and read it :p

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*