Saturday, January 22, 2011

Book of the Month (2011)

In my resolutions post, I said I wanted to feature/show you my favourite book of the month. This post is just an "archive"-ish post where I can link people from my Tabs/etc...

Anyways, without further ado...

January: REVOLUTION by Jennifer Donnelly


-I devoured 7/8ths of this in a day. And January isn't even over yet and I already know this will be my favourite, it is just exquisite.
- read my review.

February: ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins


-such a lovely contemporary, it was serious and fun at the same time, and so perfectly executed.
-read my review.

March: RAW BLUE by Kirsty Eagar


-I can't even. This book is just so beautiful and haunting, it's an amazing character-driven upper-YA that resonates.
-read my review.

April: WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman



-This breathtaking sequel rivals the incredible first novel, If I Stay. Full of life and beautiful prose, this novel made me ache.
-read my review.

May: DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth



-Heart-pounding, action-packed thriller adventure that I could not put down. Wow.
-read my review.

June: SPLIT by Swati Avasthi


-Heartwrenching story about family, redemption, love, and brothers. Just perfect.
-read my review

July: A LITTLE WANTING SONG by Cath Crowley


-It's like the perfect book for me, quietly beautiful, heartwarming, and full of soul. I'm completely and utterly in love.
-read my review

August: FIVE FLAVORS OF DUMB by Antony John

-such a vibrant, engaging and unique story with excellent characters and upbeat personality.
-read my review


September/October: FROI OF THE EXILES by Melina Marchetta





November: THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater



December: SAVING JUNE by Hannah Harrington



BOOK OF THE YEAR:

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley 

&&

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta

7 comments:

  1. I've seen this book everywhere but I kind of hate the cover and so I've never looked at the blurb until now. Now it joins the other hundred or so books on my to-read list.

    Also, I think the book of the month idea is cool. Like, I-may-want-to-steal-it-but-give-credit cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still about 5/8ths of the way through. Good stuff ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book. Jennifer Donnelly has such a beautiful handle on language. I did think parts got a bit longish but did not mar its overall wonderfulness. Excited to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone seems ot be loving this book. I really need to get my hands on a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will go to sleep with this staring at me and taunting me from my bookshelf. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember feeling kind of turned by the cover for this one, but I have read reviews that have tempted me finally add it to my TBR. Great spotlight series.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*