Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011



I was looking at my "Tabs/Pages" and noticed... well I'm not participating in any 2011 challenges! How could that be! Well, I went 50% last year (one for two, lol) but I had fun. So I was looking around and I opted not to try the Debut challenge (I can't afford it xD) but I also saw this one around.. and I just LOVE Aussie Authors (MM, Markus Zusak.. to name my absolute favourite authors evar) so yeah... enough rambling, let's get to it!

THE CHALLENGE
-hosted by Nic @ Irresistible ReadsAustralian participants - Read at least 12 young adult books by Australian authors from 1st January, 2011 to 31st December, 2011.

International participants - Read at least 6 young adult books by Australian authors from 1st January, 2011 to 31st December, 2011.

They can be old or new titles, however no re-reads (dang).

It is open to everyone. You don’t have to be a blogger but you MUST POST A REVIEW. Reviews can be posted anywhere - Blogs, Goodreads, Shelfari or non-bloggers can even do a guest post on a blog like mine.

You can join anytime. The challenge runs from 1st January 2011 to 31st December, 2011.
**


My Tentative List:
-books by Jaclyn Moriarty
-Raw Blue
-Graffiti Moon
-A Little Wanting Song
-Six Impossible Things
-Beatle meets Destiny
-and others

... Okay, so all these suggestions are mostly from Nic and Nomes' blogs and their FIVE challenge lists.. and they look amazing. So they're all on my wishlist but it depends on when (of if) I can get my hands on a copy.. they're all out of stock at The Book Depository! Oh well, we'll see. I'm really excited to be participating!


Actual List + Reviews

1. Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty
2. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
3. A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley
4. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
5. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
6.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for signing up! Great list and I hope more of them become available internationally. I am going to try and giveaway a couple of those titles anyway through the challenge so hopefully you might win one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'm doing this challenge, too. Should be fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to do this, too, but it's just so hard to get copies! I've been on email updates for GRAFFITI MOON forever!

    Let's make a deal: If one of us gets a copy, we let the other borrow it? ;D

    Great list!

    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!
    FYI, if you're interested in discovering Childrens/YA books you might not have previously heard of, I just started my fist reading challenge complete with monthly giveaways! :)
    http://ysprincess.blogspot.com/2011/01/1001-childrens-books-you-must-read.html
    It's more of a read at your leisure and not one where you have to read a certain amount of books to "complete" the challenge, so no pressure.
    Would love to have you join if it’s something that at all interests you.
    Keep up the great blogging!
    Your follower,
    YS Princess

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*