Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

This week's pick has already been featured on tons of blogs, but it fits in to a fast-rising YA genre that has been all that and a bag of chips. I don't even know if that sentence makes sense. Anyways, it looks awesome and I'm always up for a dystopian novel!

Divergent
by Veronica Roth

Released: May 3, 2011
HarperCollins

Summary:

In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris, and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together, they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes-fascinating, sometimes-exasperating boy fits into the life she’s chosen. But Tris also has a secret: one she’s kept hidden from everyone, because she’s been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly-perfect society, she also learns that her secret might be what helps her save those she loves . . . or it might be what destroys her.
**

Eeeee... exciting or what?! Another one of those, what do people call it? Fake utopias? Because it's a 'perfect society' and all that, anyone who knows for sure let me know in comments :)

And I would always wonder what faction I would be put in... first hope might be Erudite (yeah, I'm a Ravenclaw at heart), but I wouldn't say no to Dauntless... What about you?






source: here
author blog / twitter

15 comments:

  1. Great pick. This is on my wishlit. I think I would be in Amity group :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have this one on my wish list and cannot wait. I love all things dystopian and this sounds amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know - it sounds awesome, right? and i LOVE Veronica's blog :) This is going to be brilliant, i can tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to this one as it sounds great.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! I'm going to put it on my list. Great pick and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one, I love dystopians and we just keep getting more and more which is fine by me. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the cover. I hope when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh very intriguing. Nice pick! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! This sounds intriguing! My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great selection! It seems great. Happy reading :)
    Check out what im Waiting on Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divergent sounds like an excellent WoW choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm so looking forward to this one too!! Sounds like a dystopian with just the right combination of everything. I think I would lean towards either Candor or Amity, myself...haha, this is reminding me of sorting into houses at Hogwarts :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Storm Before Atlanta
    By Karen Schwabach
    Publication date: December 28, 2010

    At a time when most people have grown weary of the war between the states, two young children are desperate to find their way to the battlefields. Jeremy DeGroot wants nothing more than to join a troop as a drummer boy. For Dulcie, a runaway slave, freedom means she must head directly toward the fighting in the hopes that she'll become "contraband," that is, property of the Union troops. Both Jeremy and Dulcie find a place with the 107th New York Volunteer Regiment and even start to forge a friendship. But all that is threatened when they keep crossing paths with the mysterious Charlie, a young Confederate soldier, who may look like the enemy but feels more like a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! So exciting! Another dystopian! *grins*

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*