Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine =]

So.. this week's pick is not that original, I mean it's like on everybody's wishlist! Easily it is one of my most anticipated reads of 2011 since I ADORED the first book, If I Stay.

Where She Went
by Gayle Forman

Released: April 5, 2011
Dutton Juvenile

My first impulse is not to grab her or kiss her or yell at her. I simply want to touch her cheek, still flushed from the night’s performance. I want to cut through the space that separates us, measured in feet—not miles, not continents, not years—and to take a callused finger to her face. I want to touch her to make sure it’s really her, not one of those dreams I had so often after she left when I’d see her so clear as day, be ready to kiss her or take her to me only to wake up with Mia just beyond reach.

But I can’t touch her. This is a privilege that’s been revoked.
Summary:

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

**

Is the jacket copy/quote amazing or what?!?!?!

I don't know about you, but the Where She Went teaser tour had me salivating. Ohkay, maybe not that insane but still, it looks amazing and I've got the highest expectations. I expect tears, I tell you.






source: here
author blog / twitter

8 comments:

  1. this books is going to be completely awesome.

    i CANNOT wait either. although, i think our Australian release date is even later than yours :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet read the first book, but have it on my TBR shelf. I have heard that it was awesome and this one should be too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited for this one. I adored If I Stay.
    Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read If I Stay yet but this sequel sounds good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored If I Stay, and I'm really looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't freakin' wait for this book either! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want it now! I sound like a 2 year old! I can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my TBR list too - it sounds amazing!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*