Wednesday, December 29, 2010

memorable Moments of blogging 2010

So, this short post is about memorable moments I had during the year of blogging, mostly related to books, authors, or blogs. And I am tragically failing of thinking of ideas, so I went with just three stand-outs.


SPEAK LOUDLY

-now a website!
-original craptastic article that sparked it all
-LHA initial post

It was truly a phenomenom (in my eyes), so inspiring seeing the book blogging community make a stand against some ridiuclous guy trying to ban an amazing book (Speak) because of simply moronic reasons. I wrote my own piece about it, but I encourage you to read the many many other rebuttals other bloggers and authors alike have written. The way everybody came together was such an amazing.


LIBBA BRAY'S POST
(Click here to read)

This one spoke to me at a very personal level, it was about choices and futures... something that has been on my mind for a long time, considering I'm graduating from high school this year. Thank you Libba. And I would recommend all teens to read that post.
You know what you should be doing at seventeen, Fiona? Listening to music. Eating pizza before your metabolism goes to hell. Dancing. Spending a Friday night with your friends at the local playground having conversations about life, liberty, love, and Lady Gaga while sitting on a merry-go-round. Reading great books. Reading trashy books. Inventing personas. Trying on identities. Learning to drive. Going to concerts and games. Playing sports. Disdaining all of the above.

DISCOVERY

I think 2010 was a year of discovery, especially book-wise for me. I've discovered great books. Great blogs. Great bloggers, and even greater people. My little niche in the YA world has allowed me to not only learn so incredibly much, but also share it with some of the most amazing people. I have read books that I think I can consider life-changing, deciphered writing that is so beautiful it hurts. I have read and discovered books that made me think so much my brain started to leak out of my head. And I couldn't have done it without any of you. Thank you.

**
And just for fun, some honourable mentions: figuring out HTML (ish), holding contests, movies In My brain (I'll do it again next year I think!), Book Blogger Holiday Swap!

4 comments:

  1. Great memorable moments especially discovery. I have read a lot books this year that really have made an impact on me. Can't wait to see what 2011 brings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Speak Loudly phenomenon was EPIC! I loved how the community came together.

    All those moments you mentioned are truly memorable. And I enjoyed your HM, too. I love playing around with HTML, but I'm still learning and it is fun and frustrating at the same time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. *scribbles that qoute down in book* Wow that was fantasic and life changeing what this libby person said ty for posting it (no I didn't read it just what u posted)

    and yeah the speak loudly thing was awsome and a great movment and I posted two entries towrads that XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libba Brays' post was amazing, thank you for sharing that, I had missed it.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*