Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

This meme is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine =)

This week's pick is ohkay, fine, cliched. It's been everywhere, there's been so much freaking positivity from bloggers and authors alike, it's...

Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins

Released: December 2, 2010
Dutton

Summary:

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets √Čtienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, √Čtienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

**

But also let me say my intial gut reactions to this novel:
1) dislike the cover.
2) dislike the title....
and let me say I judge books A LOT on those two aspects. That's probably why I'm not as excited as I should be, but still, I want to read this simply based on the good reviews so far and the cool summary.







source: goodreads
author's website

20 comments:

  1. Great WoW choice, Audrey. I've read an excellent review of this book over at Persnickety Snark. It's on my wishlist too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait for this one either. Love the setting and it sounds like it will be a good YA romance. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to France and falling in love... sigh... Great WOW:)
    Here is my WOW

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway...just click here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you - not feeling the cover nor the title. I've been hearing great things about this one though, so will likely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't freakin' wait for this book! The title doesn't bother me, but the cover...could have been better. lol Oh well, as long as the story is great, it won't matter to me. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. I'm sad you don't like the cover! Bu I've heard great things about it and the second book, and the third book was just announced, so i hope you enjoy it more than you thought!

    Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so, so excited for this one. I do like the cover, but I see how the title could make the book sound overly fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i definitely want to read this one too!! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I know what you mean about the title and cover. From those I would be inclined to think it was a super fluffy sappy sweet YA romance. But like you I have heard so many good things about it, so I may have to pick it up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this one sounds great. It's not my TBR List too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool pick!

    I like the cover :)

    Thanks for passing by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this one on my TBR list. Great pick!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this one spring up as well, and I sorta felt the same about the title and cover. It's not that I disliked it, I just thought meh. But after reading The Ghost & The Goth (which was another one for me with a meh title and cover) I'm even more excited to get my hands on this one!
    Ramble ramble... Great pick! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard good things about this one so far, even though I'm not a fan of the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your honest reaction to this book. I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover but how can you not?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't really love the title either, but I sure love the summary! Awesome choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sad that you don't like the cover or the title! But seriously, read this when you can. All those 5 star reviews are true :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower! *waves* it's nice to meet you!

    This book has gotten so much hype, but I'm still secretly interested in it, so now it's on my TBR list.

    Crap.

    Now it's not a secret.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*