Sunday, November 7, 2010

Poetry Slam Sunday (5)


Slam Sunday
is a new bi-weekly feature I'm having on my blog, basically every other Sunday I'll share a YouTube clip of awesome spoken poetry that you just can't miss.

Poetry Slam is a competition in which poets recite original work. I love it. Plain and simple, I love the way it combines words, rhythms and performance, the sounds blending together to bring attention to anything and everything. When done well, it has the power to accomplish great things.
**

Okay, compared to the past 4 poems I've shared with you, this one isn't my absolute favourite, but it is still one I really like. I like the way Darby enunciates, the fantastic metaphors, and the grand idea behind it all. Everything meshes together pretty darned well. Enjoy =)

Title: Scratch & Dent Dreams
Poet: Eric Darby




Come on in.. I've got a sale on Scratch & Dent dreams,
old cases and imperfect ambitions,
stuff the idealist couldn't sell...
Yeah, I know, none of it's got price tags,
you decide how much it's worth.
And none of its got glossy coloured packaging,

but it all works just fine.

I got rainy day swing-sets,
good night kisses, and stationary stars still flying at the speed of light.

Next Time: Gabrielle Bouliane

3 comments:

  1. Love this one. Especially the part where he talks about the ice cream and says (I can't give a direct quote) that it's not a metaphor, it's just good ice cream.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. DeRaps- I agree, I chuckled when I first saw it. Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love how it all comes together! This is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*