Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Piper's Son has a pretty US cover!

Exciting News is Exciting!!

I saw this cover at The Story Siren's "Books to Pine For"... it's the new cover for:

The Piper's Son
by Melina Marchetta

I read a copy that had the Aussie cover, but here's the North American one!!


I'm not the hugest fan of this one, I thought the Australian cover had more of a desolate feel that reflects Tom's state of mind at the beginning of the book. I don't think this one conveys the story and mood as well. Oh well, it's still awesome and... YOU WANT TO READ THIS BOOK.

You want to read ALL of Melina Marchetta's books. Yes you do. This one is a companian/sequel to Saving Francesca, but it's Tom Mackee's story this time.

Summary (from Candlewick Press):

Award-winning author Melina Marchetta reopens the story of the group of friends from her acclaimed novel Saving Francesca - but five years have passed, and now it’s Thomas Mackee who needs saving. After his favorite uncle was blown to bits on his way to work in a foreign city, Tom watched his family implode. He quit school and turned his back on his music and everyone that mattered, including the girl he can’t forget. Shooting for oblivion, he’s hit rock bottom, forced to live with his single, pregnant aunt, work at the Union pub with his former friends, and reckon with his grieving, alcoholic father. Tom’s in no shape to mend what’s broken. But what if no one else is either? An unflinching look at family, forgiveness, and the fierce inner workings of love and friendship, The Piper’s Son redefines what it means to go home again.

The award-winning author of Finnikin of the Rock and Jellicoe Road pens a raw, compelling novel about a family’s hard-won healing on the other side of trauma.
**

The book is released March 2011! Mark your calendars :)

And if you want to read my GUSH-FEST review, click here.

Also, because I love you guys so much, here's an ADORABLE video. Slow Loris want's you to want this book.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this book. Reviewed it a while back. I adore pretty much everything Melina Marchetta writes. She's one of my favourite YA authors, definitely -- John Green and Melina Marchetta rule YA, for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this before, but the cover is awesome. I will have to look for more of her books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one too, I like the cover. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished Jellicoe Road by Marchetta today, it's the first book I've read by her. It was AMAZING! I want to read all her books now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read Jellicoe Road by her, but I loved that book! I suppose I should read Saving Francesca before reading this one, but I love this book's cover! Definitely going to have to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vee- OHMYGODYESYESYES. I agree with you 100% although I might throw in Sarah Dessen for lighter 'ya-chick-lit' and Laurie Halse Anderson for pure genius. hehehe love those two sooo much!

    Sarah- sorry in advance for getting overexcited but YES YOU SHOULD RIGHT NOW SHE IS THE AMAZINGEST AUTHOR EVAR :p haha

    Nina- Yes, it's lovely!

    Ladybug- I KNOW RIGHT?? I LOVE that book so much its stupid. All her books rock!

    Stephany- Francesca was fantastic! I would definitely recommend it after Jellicoe :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*