Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November, lookin' back

Don't you love how I write these monthly review posts randomly? November was good, I did feel at times a bit stressed about blogging and I decided that I'm not going to post every single day, I'm going to post when I have good material.

this is November in Review at holes In My brain.

Book Reviews (6) ~ I know, not that many reviews..

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Follow the Elephan
t by Beryl Young

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3, ARC) by Julie Kagawa

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Thoughts:
Oh my god, I actually read a lot of books I completely adored this month. It was definitely a happy reading month for me!!

My favourite November read:
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (9.4/10). My god, it was stunning, perhaps my favourite book of the year! Read my review here!

Honourable mention:
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa (9.2/10). Read my review here

**Also this month I...
... didn't really do much.
*
Participated in the Green Books Campaign
*
Posted memes and features: Waiting on Wednesday, Poetry Slam Sunday
*
Featured the cover of the US version of The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
*

Parting Thoughts:
Looking at the previous category, I realize that I probably should have done a bit more with my blog this month, it took until now to realize it. It's just with time and lots of things going on it's tough to maintain a blog with tons of material (so those who do that, I applaud you!!!) But no excuses, I will try hard in December to make sure you'll find good stuff on my blog.
Also, Slam Sundays has been well received on my blog, so thank you all for supporting it! :)

Looking Ahead:
This has been on my mind a bit althought it's a really small change, I was thinking of adding something to my already-weird review system, a fill in the blanks kind of thing. "If this book was a ____ it would be a ____" Yeah. So you can look forward to that sometime soon, it does require some creative juices!

Haha, also, Christmas is coming soon!! I can't believe tomorrow is December! This year has flown by, it's been amazing. I might hold some fun contests so stay tuned :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done this past month! I like this new idea you have for your reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl Ive done like six posts this month gah! but i agree quality over quantity i would say, glad the sky is everywhere was your fav pick you choose well my dear, great wrap up keep it up lovey :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Sky is Everywhere was my favourite read (in the month I read it). You have awesome book taste!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*