Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday's Finest (27)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

As I'm writing this, I'm not yet finished this book. Also as a disclaimer, as I am writing this post I am still FULLY on Team PUCK. Yes, you heard me. Robin Goodfellow aka Puck has my heart in this very faery series.

Book: The Iron Queen
by Julie Kagawa
-Iron Fey series, book III

Quote:
"I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I'm alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away." One corner of [Ash's] mouth quirked as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. "I guess I should've warned you that I have a slight possessive streak".
Okay, it's not the most remarkably insightful quote ever, but I will say... I laughed. Yes, I 'lol-ed'. I don't really know why, I just really like this quote despite the fact that it's coming from Ash. Slight possessive streaks just get me, I guess :P

Are you excited for this book or what?! And if you haven't read the series and you are looking to pick up something paranormal but not completely paranormal, let me suggest faeries :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now and I'm totally TEAM PUCK!

    But man... I'm not liking Puck in this one. I mean, I get he's hurt and all but I don't know. So far he's not as sarcastic and witty as he usually is. And Ash is starting to grow on me. But I'm determined to not be pulled into the dark side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book in the series here but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for sharing a quote :)

    I have to say that I LOVE the cover on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me how I never found your site before this????? Thank you Blog hop!!! Awesome. I've been here way to long lol. Better hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read this series for awhile now, guess I need to bump it up the list!!

    Girls with Books
    Teen Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone keeps telling me I need to read this series. It's on my TBR list and I've ALMOST grabbed it a few times, but then changed my mind. It's not that I don't want to read it, I just KNOW it's going to be a really good series and I don't want to have to wait for the last book to be released :)

    I like the quote you picked. It makes me want to go and buy the books now instead of later lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaahhh!!!! I can't wait! Thanks for the quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I guess I'm missing out. I have to start this series, like immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie- Oh my gosh, I know *exactly* how you're feeling. I'm not gonna spoil anything though. but srsly, that was so me.

    Ladybug- Yes, the covers for this series have been really well done! I hope you can read it soon :)

    Julie- haha thank you for dropping by! I will stop by every commenter's blogs tomorrow when I have time :D

    Kel- Hehe I hope you can read it :)

    Lindsi- I would definitely recommend it! Esp. if you like romance more than I do (which the majority of people do, that was like my only complaint with books 1&2) Thanks!

    Katie- ;)

    Justine- yesss! you should! xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I'm stopping by from the Hop

    and I'm a new Follower!

    I think that you get a better understanding of the whole picture when you read a series from the beginning as opposed to reading it out of order. I'm a big believer of reading material as it was intended which in this case would be in order.

    Have a wonderful weekend & Happy Reading!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup please check me at (openbookemptycup.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*