Friday, October 1, 2010

September, lookin' back.

Just a monthly recap post! September was when I got back into the groove of things after taking a break over the summer.

This is September In Review at holes In My brain!

Book Reviews (10)~ some of these were pre-written reviews from the summer:

Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr

White Cat by Holly Black

The Eternal Ones
by Kirsten Miller

The Thief
by Megan Whalen Turner

Beastly by Alex Flynn

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter
by Julie Kagawa

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
by Steig Larsson

I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Thoughts:
I didn't read the biggest number of books, but the ones I did read this month were mostly enjoyable. School and stuff has started but I don't think it's interfering much with my book obsession...

My favourite September read: Twenty Boy Summer (9.2/10) by Sarah Ockler!! Read my review of it here!

**Also this month, I...

Reviewed two movies, Inception and Toy Story 3
*
Shared my opinions on book banning, and the novel Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson; speak up, Speak Out, SPEAK LOUD
*
Posted a discussion post about what books do
*
Had my birthday! xD
*
Started a new bi-weekly feature, Poetry Slam Sundays
*
Shared some procrastination tips! ;)

Parting Thoughts:
Well, I'm pretty happy with the way September went down, I was pretty productive on my blog and cranked out some more reviews. I'm trying my best to improve my reviews, I want to raise my standard so I'm trying to put a lot of thought and effort into them. Going to continue working on building my readership, look forward to a contest... very soon!

Looking Ahead:
I'm going to visit my brother on the other side of the country in the last week of October, but I will most likely pre-schedule some posts. Also, this means I need to make sure I'm completely on track for school so I don't fall behind with my 'vacation days' so I'll be somewhat busy this month.

On the blog, look out for a couple contests, more reviews and more random posts!

4 comments:

  1. I think you had a great month of read and activities! And a Happy Belated Birthday too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a great month for you review wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting Twenty Boy Summer on hold at the library ASAP. ;) You had a really productive September! Loved the procrastination, poetry, and book banning posts. Also, I can't believe I missed your birthday!! (So here are some belated well wishes). Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlyn- thank yous!

    Katie- yeah, I'm glad I had some extra reviews to copy and paste when i ran out of ideas :)

    Linna- ooh, i think you'll like it! :D Awe, thank you girly!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*