Tuesday, October 19, 2010

reading slump..

So since school started, I've pretty much been in a reading slump. Yeah, it's been like 2 months... and I have a faint idea of the root of it all (ie: not enough time) but it's kind of gotten worse and worse. The last book I finished took me well over a week, and I had to force myself through it. The book before that was Monsters of Men, which I posted a review for it weeks ago.

And honestly since then, I haven't felt the urge or excitement to pick up a book, any book. I just don't feel like it. Do you have any ideas what I should do? And reading well-known-awesome novels isn't helping, because I've got a couple on hand that I just don't feel like reading. I need help!

This slum isn't blog-related at all, because as you can probably tell, I'm still obsessive as always. I'd also like to hugely apologize for the abundance of memes these past few weeks, it's just because, well, I haven't been reading. :( sorry!

What do you do if you ever get into a reading slump??

5 comments:

  1. When I get in a reading slump, I do one of two things: I either go and buy a book that I've been absolutely lusting over but can't really afford -OR- if I really, really can't afford a new book, I pick up an old favorite and read it for a while.

    These tricks usually spark my reading interest again! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hunni don't worry about it im like that right now, normally i read a fab book and get right into it but that's not working for me either i think it's just a small faze and you'll get over it soo hopefully, just take a step back and relax things should work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a liitle bit like that. I feel as if I just dont have as much free time now that school has started. Whenever I get like that I just wait for it to blow over and I dont do anything different. It will go away on it's own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens to us all. Maybe it's like the saying of "absence makes the heart grow fonder," but just apply it to reading :)
    I'm starting to get in a slump again so you're not alone. And I still adore your blog even if it's filled of memes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I found another poetry slam person! Her name is Lauren Whitehead and I absolutely LOVE her poem "Daylight". Sorry this isn't related to your post! I just felt like the need to share :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*