Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday's Finest (26)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose
**

This week's a teaser from a fantastic book. A review will be up quite a while later, but when you read this quote, I hope you can tell that it's totally a "me" quote. It's one that completely jumped into my brain when I read it, and it's written in a 'style' I absolutely love.

It's one on friendship.

Book: Delirium
by Lauren Oliver

Quote
But I don't try very hard to catch up. I let her stay a few feet ahead of me and try to memorize her exactly as she is: running, laughing, tan and happy and beautiful and mine; blond hair flashing in the last rays of sun like a torch, like a beacon of good things to come, and better days ahead for both of us.

OMG. Love or what?!?! haha, it's just a perfect description of the powerful bonds of friendship. I've got good things to say about this book :)

And yes, if you're wondering, there will be another Friday's Finest featuring Delirium in 2011... just to fuel the hype xD

7 comments:

  1. Excellent quote!

    I am, in some way, envious of all bloggers that get the chance to read this book in advance. It really sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sounds amazing! I like the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is amazing! I can't wait to read this. I agree, that is love! Have a great weekend Audrey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Lauren Oliver!! Love!!! You picked such an amazing quote. She has tons of great quotes about friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shy- ^^ I hope you'll love it when you read it!!

    Nina- me too xD

    Katie- I thought it was pretty lurvely myself.. hehe thank you!

    Justine- I KNOW! so many to choose from!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww I really want to read this! PS I'm glad I found your blog, fellow Canadian! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca- welcomee! thanks for dropping by, go canada xD

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*