Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday's Finest (25)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

This week's pick is from one of my most anticipated books of the year (third book of the trilogy)... but unfortunately it is only pretty good so far. I expected outstanding, but... yeah. Or maybe I'm just bogged down with procrastination, but it's been hard to get into it. However, I did stumble upon a treasure-ous quote, it's one that you can't help but stop and reread.

Book: Monsters of Men
by Patrick Ness

Quote:
"I hope I'd make the right choice, but Viola it is a choice. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that's not how a person with integrity acts."
I love this because it's so, well, grown-up. It's something I believe in, and something that is true. I don't want to preach or whatevs but I believe in taking responsibility for actions and choices.

Have you read the Chaos Walking series (I would highly recommend it!)? And what are your thoughts on this quote?







also: see my review on book 1, The Knife of Never Letting Go

6 comments:

  1. It is a great quote. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote. I agree, it is very grown up and that people should take responsibility for their actions. I really need to read this series, I heard so many amazing things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the choas walking series. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina- yay :)

    Katie- I hope you do!!

    Addictedtolife- iknow, the series is Ah-mazing!!!!

    Guta- =)

    Juju- i agree =D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*