Monday, October 4, 2010

The Book of Awesome

by Neil Pasricha

So for my birthday, one of my friends got me this book... literally called The Book of Awesome.

So since it's Monday (yes, that's a very valid reason) I'll try and brighten up the mood by sharing some random (seriously, I'm just flipping to random pages) awesome things.

  • Peeling an orange in one shot
  • Getting the eyelash out of your eye
  • The smell of the coffee aisle in the grocery store
  • Perfectly toasted toast (mmmmm)
  • When you arrive at the bus stop just as the bus is coming around the corner
  • Squeezing through a door as it's shutting without touching it
  • Remembering what movie that guy was from
  • Sleeping with one leg under the covers and one leg out
  • Laughing so hard you make no sound at all
  • The moment at a restaurant after you see your food coming from the kitchen but before it lands on your table
  • Finally remembering a word that's been on the tip of your tongue for so long
  • The first scoop out of a jar of peanut butter
  • When someone lands on the hotel you just built in Monopoly
  • Popping bubble wrap
  • Sweatpants
Why is this so awesome? Because it's ALL TRUE. Honestly. I'm reading this book and nodding along. It's just like page-long explanations/stories about all these great everyday things that have the ability to make your day. Simple and Brilliant indeed. I would definitely recommend it!

It's... AWESOME.






Neil Pasricha is also the author of 1000awesomethings.com which is also hilariously fantastic

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds... well just awesome! haha
    That list put a smile on my face. I love that the most awesome things in life seem to be so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect book to read. And also fun to give away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like it would brighten any day =) I am going to go look into it now... Lol great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this book on Goodreads and instantly add it. It sure looks AWESOME. This tiny list you made was already great, and it goes well with monday... after all, monday sux lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally saw this book at the grocery store lots of times! I should pick it up next time ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. SmashAttack- hehe :)

    Katie- I agree! when I read it I'm like 'that's soo true!'! :)

    Nina- yep :)

    Cleverley Inked- haha, it sure will brightedn up your day!

    Lindsi- haha, thanks!!

    Carol- Totally. boo monday :p

    Justine- yeah, just fleip through a couple pages for fun and enjoy teh awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*