Saturday, September 4, 2010

Movie Thoughts: Inception

I know it may not show it, but personally, it feels like all I've done this week was mention Mockingjay and do everything but review it (there I go again). *pushes button for a topic switch*

Summary:
Inception is about dreams. Cobb (dear ol' Leo) is a professional who enters people's dreams and does bad stuff like steal secrets, except this time around he and his team are given the job of implanting an idea, which proves far more difficult and precise than anything ever attempted.

My Thoughts:

Loved it! It was an intelligent and unique premise that was perfectly executed. Fast-paced, action-packed, but never losing a sense of style or structure, I'm glad it lived up to the hype. This is a movie where you might have to pay a bit more attention to make sure you don't get left behind; the complexity of the plot makes things both confusing and genius.

I had no issues with the acting (I think I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt...) and I also love the themes and the intense character journey experienced by Cobb. One of my favourites of 2010. Recommended to everyone!

Popcorn Review: A highly enjoyable movie with a refreshingly elaborate and original plot, some jaw-dropping action sequences, a dash of humour, and awesomesauce characters.

9.3/10

9 comments:

  1. I want to see that movie! I've heard seen/heard a lot of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got to watch this today, and I LOVED IT too! When it was over, it definitely didn't seem like it had been 2 1/2 hours. That's a sure sign of a good movie to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Golden Eagle- I hope you get a chance to! :)

    Bookish In A Box- Hurray! I totally agree, it was like the time flew by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a great "thinking" movie, and what a stellar cast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to watch this movie...why haven't I yet?? If Leo is in a movie I pretty much know I'll like it. I can't remember the last time he let me down; he's definitely one of my favorite actors. I love the premise, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this movie and loved it as well. I have added this to the back of my memory to get this movie when it comes out on DVD. I need to rewatch it as I know there are things I missed and want to see again. :) Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smash Attack- Totaly agree, cast was wonderful.

    Kris- Yes, watch it! And it's hilarious that you mentioned that because after seeing this, I went and watched 3 other movies with Leo! haha <3 him now :D

    Melissa- I want to too, it definitely deserves a re-watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crow, me, too! (On the Joseph Gordon-Levitt comment. I loved every scene with him even more than the awesome others...)

    I had a few issues with parts of this movie, but overall, I am so glad I saw it! It's undoubtedly very well done and quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madeleine- the scene with the kiss? OMG *swoons* he is AWESOME! hahaha, excuse the fangirlyness (Have you seen 500 Days of Summer?). I'm glad you enjoyed the movie! :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*