Sunday, September 26, 2010

Friday's Finest (24) [on a Sunday!]

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I haven't this meme for two weeks straight! And I'm a quote-lover! So I felt, of course, insanely guilty so I went and dug up some quotes from a novel I read about a week ago. Yeah, you probably know it. Or you've read it.

Book: White Cat
by Holly Black

Quote 1
Clever as the Devil, and twice as pretty.
Okay, I can't understand why this line 'speaks' to me, it just has this curiously awesome blend of sexy, smart and edgy feel to it. Plus come on, describing a boy like that is.. hot. xD


Quote 2
He's the kind of liar who totally forgets what he told you the last time, but he believes every single lie with such conviction that sometimes he can convince you of it.
This one relates more to the book, I just think it's cool. I'm a big fan of con-related things (Oceans 11 movies, Heist Society-esque etc.) and lies are interesting, especially the way they are portrayed in this book and Cassel's relationship with them.

Well anyways, this is my FF on a Sunday, I thought White Cat was a great novel (my review is coming soon) and... have you read the book before? Do you like heists? And what are your favourite quotes this week?

6 comments:

  1. I find reading about heists fascinating, especially to see how the people do it; but as for White Cat, I was a little disappointed. It seemed to be that the plot was too easy to guess, but I loved the idea of Curse Working. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these quotes! Especially the first one. I've been wanting to read this book, it sounds amazing and the cover is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden Eagle- I only guessed certain aspects of the plot, and I agree, the Curse Working was great! Also found the male MC refreshing :) THnaks for the comment!

    Katie- Yep, I saw it and I'm like, "that's the one". :p HOpe you get a chance to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I feel stupid, the authers name was so big I thought the books name was White Cat Holly Black :P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth- LOL, when I went back and looked at it, it is seriously a mistake I would make too!! :P

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*