Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday's Finest (23)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I don't really have one prepared this week so I'm just gonna pick something from a book I've read recently. I'm pretty fascinated with the effect of technology and science on people and culture, plus the line fit in well with the story.

Book: The Iron King
by Julie Kagawa

Quote:
They no longer believe in monsters or magic. As cities grow and technology takes over the world, belief and imagination fade away, and so do we*.

*we refers to the Fey or Nevernever

Anyways, the imagination is the foundation of faeries (plus the technology is the base for Iron Fey, the awesome antagonists), and (don't judge) but it reminds me of Elf the movie, where Christmas only exists because people believe. "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite colour?"... okay...

Read the book? Liked it? Favorite quotes of your own? let me know in the comments!






Read my review of The Iron King.

4 comments:

  1. I have this book, but I still haven't picked it up and read it yet (I have a huge to be read pile) I love this quote though! It's definitely true. I think imagination isn't given enough credit while technology gets all the praise. Imagination trumps technology any day.
    Great quote! I'm definitely going to start reading this right away now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey!! :) i yet have to read this series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie- thank you :) can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    Aly- hope you do hun :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*