Tuesday, August 31, 2010

i won't be reviewing Mockingjay

It seems odd that a book blogger who cherishes words and novels doesn't want to review one of the most highly anticipated books of the year, doesn't it? But there's something special about this case that I can't put my finger on, maybe it is because I know I really won't be able to say what I want to say, maybe because so many others can write a review that is so much better than I could ever dream of, maybe because The Hunger Games trilogy just refuses to leave my heart and hop onto my blog.

Truthfully, I really don't know my own feelings toward the book. But in case you're curious, I did give it 5 stars on goodreads...

I won't be reviewing Mockingjay, I doubt I'll be reading people's reviews on it either. There's just a lot of feelings that I don't mind being bottled up inside of me that I don't think I'm able to put into words. I'll just leave it at this:

I think I loved it.

7 comments:

  1. :-)) I wrote my review and now I wish I didn't. It depends what day you ask me how I feel. I have very conflicted emotions over this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt a swirl of feelings about it too. It was actually hard to put them into words, and I think my review is not-so-decent even though I wrote it days after I finished reading. I had to let it all sink in. But I'm glad you think you loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I feel, sometimes-- I've yet to review a book that I really, sincerely, fell completely in love with. It just feels so difficult. Like I'd never be able to do it justice, or I couldn't possibly express how much it's affected me.

    Of course, the fact that you gave this five stars would make it a must-read even if it wasn't one of the most highly-anticipated books of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I will be doing a review either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be, either! I simply can't do it, and I believe I feel much as you do. However, Alex at Tales of a Teenage Book Lover relayed my opinions precisely, so I re-posted his review! I'm so glad I did. There's no possible way I could have expressed myself.

    I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen- conflicted emotions, that's me :p I think if I tried to write something it would come out all jumbled.

    Justine- I'm sure your review is lovely! and I agree, it sticks with you after finishing it.

    Linna- I'm much better at mediocre book reviews that raving/totally-in-love ones too!

    Erika- haha, join the club! :)

    Madeleine- I saw his review, it's excellent! It pointed out some of the stuff I was iffy on too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first book I read that I am having a hard time with the review. I enjoy the book very much, but I also have the feeling of wanting more needing more. Of what, don't ask. I think it was the world that I wanted more, but I loved Katniss and the characters so much by the end of this book I didn't want to stop. There were lots of emotions stirred up here in this book. And so much to think on in the points made on the future as well.

    This actually says more than any review. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*