Monday, July 12, 2010

UPDATE!

Okay, I’ve got a lot of news! First, a humongous thank you to all of you who’ve stuck with me and this weird blog through this odd July so far. Read this post (summer vacation one) to get an update. I know I haven’t updated in almost a week! And haven’t been around the blogosphere for way longer than that.

I know I scheduled 5 or so posts before I left, which is why this blog hasn’t been completely stark naked since the 28th, but if you’re curious, Blogger IS blocked in China (I’m in Taiwan right now) so I can’t write anything on-the-go, nor can I visit any of your blogs :(. Also, I guess this means (you’ve probably figured it out now…) no China Blog :(

Darn that dumb Great Firewall of China.

However, if you’re interested, I’m going to post some pictures and stuff about China on that blog, instead of a day-by-day recount of my visit. Be patient though, I’m still trying to sort through them.

I wanted to apologize about not being able to respond to your lovely comments, I will do my best to catch up right now. I do get email notification so I read them all and thank you! They make me so happy knowing that even though I’m not “there-there” you guys still care about what I write. *mwah*


A Blogoversary Giveaway update: Contest will end as planned (7/18) I was originally returning to Shanghai but plans got a bit messed up so all is fine. Speshul surprise on the 19th, and blogoversary winner will be announced on the 20th! I would also like to thank those of you who posted or tweeted about the contest out of aweseom-ness, you guys rock!!

What to Expect on the Blog: I read 5 or so books on the plane or while traveling and wrote down reviews for them, so I will spread them out over August maybe 1 or 2 a week so you can expect those. I will also be cram-writing blog posts during the days I’m in Taiwan, so you can expect regular and on-time memes like Friday’s Finest and Wednesday’s 3 Couples every week through August. All posts you see from now on are most likely pre-scheduled, so therefore formatting oddities aren’t my fault :(

But honestly, it's so nice to see blogger again.

To Recap (or for those too lazy to read through everything):
  • Blogoversary Giveaway end on time July 18th.
  • Sorry for not being able to visit your blogs!
  • Absent from twitter :(
  • Miss the YA Blogosphere :(
  • Will blog somewhat consistently until August 5th, after that it’s up in the air.
  • Will be Back August 28th!!!!! CAN’T WAIT, SRSLY!

5 comments:

  1. Sheesh. I've heard about it of course, but now I suddenly realize just how much the Firewall blocks.

    I hope you have a great time in Asia! :) I'll miss you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW China! Sounds like a great adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to China a few summers ago and had a blast. We'll have to chat when you get back about it. Can't wait to have you around your blog again. (: Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golden Eagle- I know, eh? I didn't think it would be that big a deal but guess i was wrong :P

    Celi.a- thank you!

    Natalie- pretty crazy there :p

    Kris- Yeah, i wasn't sure what to expect but it was lots of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*