Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday's Finest (21)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**


I’ll admit, I dog-ear library books but I never have the heart to dog-ear my own precious novels I buy for myself. Okay, go ahead and judge me, I’m sorry! That’s why the books I read I can never really go back and easily find the quotes that spoke to me, the ones that made me laugh or cry. That’s when I turn to the internet xD

This week’s quote came from a book I recently finished, and I’ll say it was immensely enjoyable. Maybe expect a mini-review, but no promises, just know it's a worthwhile classic.

Book: Little Women
by Louisa May Alcott


Quote:
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
**
I really really love that quote, I dunno, it’s just perfect. Like, tattoo-perfect, if you get what I mean. It's inspirational, but real with tiny life-lessons sewed into each letter. A really heart-warming story in general :)

Have you read the novel? Like or dislike?

3 comments:

  1. "We're actors in our lives, pretendin' to be who we want people to think we are." - Perfect Chemistry

    I love this quote because it is so true. How many people actually truely know who you are? There are so many pieces of ourselves that we keep hidden even from the closest and most important people in our lives.

    I have never read Little Women but I have a list of "Classics" that I want to read and that one is on it.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book! It was the first book I ever read over 200 pages. I read it in 4th grade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne- Wow, I *really* like that quote! Completely agree, it's really true, thanks for sharing it.

    Madeleine- Haha, yeah, I think it's one that most girls should read at least once :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*