Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday's Finest (20)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I'm totally unprepared this week so I'm just gonna choose a quote from the book I've read most recently.

Book: House Rules
by Jodi Picoult

Quote:
When someone dies, it feels like the hole in your gum when a tooth falls out. You can chew, you can eat, you have plenty of other teeth, but your tongue keeps going back to that empty place, where all the nerves are still a little raw.
**
I thought the book was okay, not really stellar (I had a few problems with characters). However, this line just really shows the insight and talent of Jodi Picoult, who I think is an utterly fantastic author. Your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. What a comparison! I've never thought of it like that. Wow. I agree, it does show Jodi Picoult's talent. She's one of my fave authors. I haven't read this one, though. Great pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a Jodi novel but I've read a bunch of quotes from her due to this meme and she is really fantastic at finding great ways to materialize an experience or event. In short: I must read something from her lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justine- Completely agree, she's a really great author!

    Michelle- haha, I would reccommend it :) My fave is probably My Sister's Keeper or Nineteen Minutes

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore her work its so unique loved the quote girly:)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*