Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2010 YA Reading Challenge... COMPLETED!

This post is a bit overdue but... I'm done! I pledged to read 50 YA novels in 2010, and as of July, I'm done which makes me ecstatic! I wasn't sure if I could do it, but yay... I'll probably up the ante next year, and I'm going to try and read another 30 books this year (fingers crossed!)


To make it easier, I'll just copy and paste my booklist/ratings, sorry but no links. Only 2 DNFs, which is a good thing, I think.

1. Rebel Angels - Libba Bray (8.8)
2. The Sweet Far Thing - Libba Bray (8.8)
3. I Am The Messenger - Markus Zusak (8.9)
4. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Sherman Alexie (9)
5. Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder (9.1)
6. Cut - Patricia McCormick (7.4)
7. Fade - Lisa McMann (8.2)
8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan (8)
9. When You Reach Me - Rebecca Stead (7.9)
10. Magic Study - Maria V. Snyder (7.8)
11. Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers (9.2)
12. How They Met and Other Stories - David Levithan (7)
13. That Summer - Sarah Dessen (7.9) [I am officially done all of Dessen's books, hurrah!]
DNF (did not finish) Liar - Justine Larbalestier (5)
14. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (7.7)
15. Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters (7.9)
16. Percy Jackson: The Titan's Curse (8.2)
17. Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth (8.5)
18. Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian (9)
DNF- Fire Study - Maria V. Snyder (4)
19. The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness (9.3)
20. The Demigod Files - Rick Riordan (6)
21. The Maze Runner - James Dashner (8.9)
22. The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness (9)
23. Coraline - Neil Gaiman (7.5)
24. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey (8.7)
25. Feed - M.T. Anderson (7.5)
26. Coffeehouse Angel - Suzanne Selfors (7.9)
27. Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (8)
28. Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery (8)
29. Fang (Maximum Ride #6) - James Patterson (7.2)
30. Scarlett Fever - Maureen Johnson (8.7)
31. The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta (9.3)
32. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver (8.2)
33. Zan Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure - Allan Shickman (7)
34. Incarceron - Catherine Fisher (7.8)
35. Finnikin of the Rock - Melina Marchetta (8.9)
36. The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong (8)
37. The Demon's Covenant - Sarah Rees Brennan (9.3)
38. Bloom - Elizabeth Scott (6)
39. Heist Society - Ally Carter (8.5)
40. The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting (8.7)
41. Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi (7.8)
42. A Match Made in High School - Kristin Walker (7)
43. Spirit Bound - Richelle Mead (7.9)
44. Zan Gah and the Beautiful Country - Allan Shickman (7.1)
45. Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green and David Levithan (9)
46. The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan (8)
47. Because I Am Furniture - Thalia Chaltas (8.2)
48. The Second Trial - Rosemarie Boll (7.2)
49. Castration Celebration - Jake Wizner (8.5)
50. Rampant - Diana Peterfreund (8.2)
51. All Unquiet Things - Anna Jarzab (9)

You can expect a review for the last few books I've read, I just haven't posted it yet. If you want, check out my Archives to find my reviews.

Favourite Read: The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta (9.3/10)
*I know 2 other books got the same rating, but this is only if I was absolutely forced to pick the favourite. Another plug for MM :p I think I'm getting annoying with that so I promise I'll try to cut it down :s


I've just got 5 or so more challenges for the Take Another Chance challenge left :)

How are the challenges you signed up for this year coming along??

3 comments:

  1. Need The Piper's Son! *A* I wonder what the cover will look like.

    I've also already completed the YA challenge. ^^ I need about 12 more books & I'll be done with the 100+ reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ashamed to say 0 challanges for me so far. I seriously do not have time. I read only when I can

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ- it's a bit more mature, but amazing! and wow, congrats on the YA challenge! 12 more books till 100?? Wow... you are crazy :p

    Cleverly Inked- haha, that's okay xD We're all busy people!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*