Tuesday, June 1, 2010

whoa, it's JUNE?? what happened in MAY? This!

Okay, I'm not usually one for recaps but I just don't really have any posts planned, plus I'm kind of bored and I'm procrastinating... so why not? I'm including links to everything, and generally giving an easy guide to my (more relevant) posts in May 2010 + a funky title because everybody likes funky titles.


This is May In Review at holes In My brain


My very first Interview (yay!) with Kris from Voracious YAppetite! I had tons of fun answering awesome questions, read it here!

**

Book Reviews (10):

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Zan Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure by Allan Richard Shickman


Thoughts: Wow, after listing these, I hate to toot my own horn but I'm kind of impressed by how many books I read and reviewed, especially with all that homework and stuff. Schools coming to a close and I have time to read 10-ish books.. no wonder I'm stressed out :P Please check out these reviews if you haven't already!

My favourite May read: The Piper's Son or The Demon's Covenant (I read some really really fantastic books this month, I'm extremely happy!)

**I also:
I finally got around to doing an Awards post :) which took forever!
*
Reviewed the movie Avatar
*
Held a contest for The Demon's Covenant and Spirit Bound (closed)
*
Offered a Blog Tip
*
Created a blog button (right sidebar)
*
Set up an "Honesty Box" thing for you to leave whatever comments you like anonymously
*
And shared my thoughts on TV Show Finales!
**

Parting Thoughts:
So overall, I think I really improved my blog this May, gotten into the routine of posting consistently, reading books, actually reviewing them, and generally smoothed out some kinks in my blog. I think I gained a lot of readers, which I am the most happy about. Thank you guys so so much, I could never have done this without your lovely comments and support :) mwah!


Looking Ahead:
Oh gosh, school is coming to a close and it's crunch time. I have tons of final exams for different courses, including some government exams! I'm kind of obsessed ("kind of" is the understatement here) with this blog though, but I think you can understand that I need to make sure that my priorities are straight.

This blog definitely won't be on the back burner, but I might be updating less constantly (probably 2 posts every 3 days). Don't worry, I will still reply to all your comments! Just expect perhaps a few less book reviews, but I'll still be around (albeit a bit crazed in the head from all that schoolwork!)

Looking Even More Ahead:
I'm going on a LONG vacation in July with my mom! We are going to ____ (haha, don't worry, I'll to you guys soon!) so expect a weird-ish haitus in July but I'll still update when I can and schedule as many posts I can beforehand.

--Also, I'm thinking about starting a blog about my vacation to _____ ;) I'll let you know if I do! It might be kind of like Adele's Japan blog.

**

Finally, I just wanted to thank all you guys again for being so so so awesome! I wish I could make an awesomecake with awesomesauce and just give every one of you a slice :D

4 comments:

  1. You have an award waiting (http://idsoratherbereading.blogspot.com/2010/05/our-first-award.html)!

    We love your blog :)

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL your so lovable Audrey as long as your here within the week im good with that, just don't leave us longer than that becuase then i would be really depressed!:( great wrap up chick! where you planning on going for vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie- Thank you! :)

    Aly- haha, I promise I'll be around in July! And thank you so much :) And it's a secret (for a little while longer, hehe), but I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...so how do you read and review TEN books in one month with school and homework and finals looming on the horizon?! Ah-mazing. Look forward to finding out where you're going in July. Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*