Sunday, June 13, 2010

some of us laugh, some of us cry

Some of us laugh, some of us cry,

Some of us smoke, some of us lie,

But it's all just the way that we cope with our lives.

-'Some of Us' by Starsailor


Hey everyone, taking a really really short interruption of my MIA-ness to bring you guys a song that's been on my mind (and helping me de-stress at times). I originally heard "Some of Us" on Bones (another method of either procrastination or post-exam celebration) and I loved it! I bought their entire album of iTunes and it's pretty great.

The singer's tone isn't something everybody will love, it's kind of raspy but in a more 'nasally' kind of way (that makes it sound bad but I like it!) The lyrics and melody are really wonderful, and I hope you check out some of their other songs!

You can watch this song on YouTube, or righ here!



What are some songs on your mind right now? I'll be back Thursday! :D

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, nice song. And let's call it post-exam celebration instead of procrastination (denial ftw!). =P

    I hope you get back from your break soon- and good luck with your school work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One song on my mind is "Here I Am" by Bryan Adams from the movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. I love humming it, and I'll sing it even (as long as no one's around--spare them the torture. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great song! I'll have to check out the album on Itunes.
    Right now I'm actually really loving Christina Aguilera's ballads on Bionic I especially love "All I Need" & "I Am".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice song! The songs on my mind would be If My Heart Was A House by Owl City and Someday by Rob Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really my type f music but I can hear the beauty in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that quote at the top there.

    Just dropping by to let you know I added you to the Delicious Book Blog Directory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry it took soo long to respond to you guys!!

    Linna- I'm glad you think so! hahha, yes, post-exam celebration ftw!

    Golden Eagle- haha, when songs get stuck in my head I'm always always singing it under my breath :P

    Adriana- thanks so much for the rec! gonna check them out on youtube :) you always have the best songs!

    Cornet Craze- <3 Owl City :) And I haven't heard of the other one before, gotta check it out

    Cleverly Inked- Yeah, my tastes are all over the place, I'm gonna try and post a different 'style' next time, haha. thanks for commenting :D

    Callista- thank you!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*