Saturday, June 26, 2010

My not-so-Secret summer Vacation

Everybody... I am going to CHINA!!

My aunt works in Shanghai, so my mom and I are leaving the beloved Canada for a whole 4 weeks! There will be a detour to Taiwan as well to visit other relatives :) This will be my very first time going to China... I think you can tell I'm excited. I am leaving TOMORROW! (June 27)

I'm keeping family details as vague as possible, but I definitely don't think I'll mind sharing some other things about my trip with people who are interested. This will be the one and only time I shall "pimp" my non-book related blog. It's called "china In My brain" because I'm random like that and I like the play on words in relation to "holes In My brain"... call me tacky :p

**I'm not sure how often I will keep it updated, it really depends on different factors like internet access, time constraints, camera malfunctions, getting mauled by a panda and general interest. It might go nowhere, it's really iffy right now.**

I will also include updates on other things going on, I am detouring to Taiwan sometime, along with going to Taiwan for the majority of August. I have tiny announcements on this blog, but mostly will be over there :)

Things I will be posting will include: pictures of things I find interesting (World Expo 2010, landmarks, food, people, shops, objects etc) along with maybe my daily happenings or stories. It's going to have very little book-related stuff.Please know that I honestly don't mind if you have no interest in it whatsoever, my book blog is still my baby, and the China thing is a side-plot. This whole post is a "just so you know" type of thing. Don't worry, I definitely will try my very best not to neglect this blog... but c'mon, it's CHINA! hehe

Things to see, people to meet.

Lastly (and perhaps most importantly) if any of you guys have any advice on what to do there, please leave a comment or email me! I want to sight-see the heck out of China (minus the Terracotta Army 'cause it's too far away). Preferably something around Beijing/Shanghai.

12 comments:

  1. Wow lucky you!! I hope you'll have a great time! :)
    Visit the great wall of china if you have the time, and please take a photo, I've always wondered how big it is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, have fun! I'm also leaving for China for 4 weeks-ish, though I'm leaving on July 24th. And I hope you survive n the World Expo! I greatly reccomend bringing dry food like sandwichs because they don't allow any other food (Chinese people generally don't like dry food, so it's allowed - and I'm not being stereotypical, there just arent really sandwichs in China); it'll keep you from being totally ripped off by the food prices there. Have a great trip and BE SAFE! :D

    I've also been to the great wall of China. The bathrooms there are HORRIBLE, it's basically just three holes in the ground. I also recommend bringing your own toilet paper if you don't feel like buying a roll from the people in front of the bathrooms. Actually, it would be advisable to bring toilet paper to all tourist attractions because they almost always don't have toilet paper and sometimes there aren't people selling it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you have a great time! what an awesome experience. will be checking out your other blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I went to China for the first time a few years ago. CRAZY experience, but tons of fun! Hope you have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to see the World Expo?!? You are SO lucky!! I hope you have a great time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. YA Vampire Books- haha, I definitely will!! :D

    Jenn- thank you SOO much for the advice! haha, I had no idea about some of that stuff so what you say is extremely useful! thank you thank you thank you!!! (again, i appreciate the awesomeness of the greatest people, aka bloggers, on the internet)

    The Story Siren-.... omg, The Story Siren commented on my blog!!!! **hyperventilates** thank you!!! (apologies for the fangirling... :p)

    Linna- thanks so much for your awesome email :) your advice is wonderful!

    The Golden Eagle- I'm excited!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh wow. Have fun! I've been outside of the US only once, and that was to go to Canada. My dad says that before we go out of the country, we have to travel around our country first. :P Anyways, I'll be sure to keep checking your other blog, hopefully awaiting pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! And please, please don't get mauled by a panda. I'd miss you too much. :D

    I'm excited to hear more about your trip! Have a safe flight, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a blast in CHINA!
    I went with my little clan in 2004 and loved it!
    Go to the silk market and BARGAIN! Remember to go majorly LOW! Get to the Great Wall Tour but make certain that you are ready for those humungous steps! Eat the Hui (Chinese Muslim) cuisine at the local diners.. delicious!

    If you have any questions give me a shout at aisleb@hotmail.com

    Stay safe and see the Forbidden Palace!

    PK Reeves
    Aisle B

    PS I forgot... I posted my Teaser up... heck just write if you need any more info on China.

    ReplyDelete
  10. China? That's great!!! I've never been there, but I'd love to, can't wait to here your thoughts about it! Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats so awesome!
    I've never been to China, though, I wish I have. Ever since I watched Karate Kid. Wow, where they first discover the martial arts school and we see all these Asian kids looking cool... Damn, makes me proud to be Asian! (although, to be honest, I'm not Chinese but Korean. Korean and a fourth, well, white.) :)

    Have fun!
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats so awesome!
    I've never been to China, though, I wish I have. Ever since I watched Karate Kid. Wow, where they first discover the martial arts school and we see all these Asian kids looking cool... Damn, makes me proud to be Asian! (although, to be honest, I'm not Chinese but Korean. Korean and a fourth, well, white.) :)

    Have fun!
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*