Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Movie Thoughts: When in Rome

Watched this during my post-huge-exam-while-procrastinating-for-the-next-exam phase. This review is really rushed and really short!

**
My Expectations: A cute chick flick, my expectations weren’t that high.

Delivery: Fell short of my already low expectations, which made me sad.
**

I’m going to keep this one really short and quick. When in Rome is about a girl (who doesn't really believe in love anymore) who steals coins out of the "Fountain of Love" which causes the people who threw the coins to fall in love with her. Of course, these people are completely psychotic in an either haha-funny or cringe-funny way. During her trip to Rome (where her sister got married) she meets the guy who convinces her ‘love is real’ and all that jazz.

Okay, I really didn’t like this movie. The one thing I really hate in books (unrealistic "love" over the span of less than 2 weeks) is supremely over-glorified in this movie. The acting might have been okay, but the plot itself just couldn’t be redeemed and I either spent the whole time *facepalming* at clichéd lines or ridiculous sub-plots, or annoyed at the love in general. Even the ending was just soo cheesy! Ughh, not my style. That’s not saying I don’t think Josh Duhamel isn’t hott ;)

Popcorn Review: watch if you are in dire need of a chick flick and want the insanely unrealistic fall-in-love-in-14-days storyline.

5/10
– didn’t like it at all, sorry. Ughh, maybe I need to be in a better mood when I watch it or something, I guess it just wasn’t the movie for me. In the wide sea of chick flicks, this one sinks, it just ends up feeling like a poor attempt.

Have you seen When in Rome? Did you like it? And do you like romantic comedies in general?

9 comments:

  1. i didn't love this one, either. i really like kristen bell (and josh duhammel is gorgeous!) but this just disappointed me. it was shallow, and not at all that funny :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm disappointed. Haven't seen it yet. I know what you mean about cheesy lines and all.

    Thanks for the review, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched a romance comedy. They don't really appeal to me, so I don't think I'll be seeing this one anytime soon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to apologize for not liking it. I didn't like it at all either. The only reason I watched was because I like Kristen Bell and it looked like a cute movie. Definitely one of the worst chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I would say it fails if it failed your already low expectations XD Will not watch this, then, thanks for saving me a cinema ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this one, because it didn't seem all that great, but I was happy for the release as there was a song I was looking forward to on the soundtrack. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw man, I saw a commercial for this and it was cringeworthy enough for the 10 seconds it was on... It looks very cliched and bland.

    I like chick flicks if they have enough heart and don't take themselves too seriously, but quick cash-ins like this are better left unwatched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw it on a flight and I feel like movies are always just a little better on flights because you're just that desperate to be entertained. I thought it was a cute chick flick, but will never rewatch as I may some others. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't have high expectations for this either. This review may have saved me an hour or too!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*