Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday's Finest (17)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

Haven't done this in a while! Don't you just love it when after a bunch of mediocre books, you find one where you can just read along and pick out the awesome-est quotes every other page?! Aahh, so many great ones to choose from this week, here's one of my favourite funny ones xD

Book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
by John Green and David Levithan

Quote:
I call Tiny. He doesn't answer. I get the voice mail. "You've reached the voice mail of Tiny Cooper, writer, producer, and star of the new musical Tiny Dancer: The Tiny Cooper Story. I'm sorry but it appears something more fabulous than your phone call is happening right now. When fabulous levels fall a bit, I'll get back to you. BEEP."
**

I don't know if the levels of fabulous can fall, because that quote is just ridiculous xD

Anyways, look out for my review sometime soon-ish! It's a great book :)

9 comments:

  1. I think I am going to change my voice mail. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can remember now how to personalize my voicemail . . . LOL. That is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book! I hope that more writers collaborate on amazing books. I can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming by to celebrate Friday's Finest with one of my favorite reviewers out in blogland!

    Come for pizza at Aisle B and browse around the musical reviews out there.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny is the undeniable star of WG, WG. John and David better team up again and give Tiny his own book, on the real. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol the quote made me laugh, yay glad your back to blogging hun! great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan- haha, Tiny = win

    The Golden Eagle- I know!! I was laughing out loud when I read that.

    Mrs DeRaps- I thought the book was wonderful :) Review on Monday!

    PK Reeves- okie?

    Kris- hahha YES! I want to read Tiny's autobiography or something :P

    Aly- aww it's great to be back, thanks girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! That quote is hilarious. As John Green usually is. :D I think he was born with super powers.

    Anyway, I was dying to read WG,WG, but I got to a section with Leviathan's WG that was too inappropriate and set it down. Overall, do you think WG,WG is less appropriate than ALASKA? Just curious. :D

    Thanks for sharing the quote and happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madeleine- in terms of swearing, there is definitely a LOT more of it, and I think sex-wise, not really. Just some kissing but nothing that graphic. I do think I would recommend it to an older YA audience though. I hope that helped :s
    And John Green is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*