Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday's 3 Couples (8)

LOVE TRIANGLE EDITION!!!

...and since a triangle has 3 sides, and it's Wednesday's 3 Couples, i think it's too many 3's. So I will list 4 couples. Yes, I can change my own rules, so ha! (actually, I just had too many ideas)

Whoop whoop ;)

** Wednesday's 3 Couples is a post/meme I created to help me regulate posts. It is biweekly, and usually has a theme! It lets me share my love of YA lit couples with others. **

Gonna make this quick and triangular for my own sake, I'm running low on free time right now! Can I say the last 3 weeks of school is something I would like to avoid for the rest of my life? I'm incredibly busy and stressed out right now, but of course, I had to update my beloved blog, right? Is that healthy? haha

Alright, in case you missed it, this week's theme is: Love Triangles!

I'm not the hugest fan of them because they can be cliched and predictable, but some I just love for no reason. There are so so so so many love triangles in YA lit, so it was extremely difficult to think of my 3 favourites, I'm sure I'm missing something though. Anyways, don't worry, this post will be Spoiler Free!


1. Alan/Mae/Nick - Demon's Lexicon trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan.
-hahaha, I know what the result is, and youu dooon't... so read the book and find out! It's a great triangle really :)
-I won't tell you my team, but just for fun, what's yours?



2. Dimitri/Rose/Adrian - Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
-I won't be spoiling anything because I haven't read book 5 (I know, right? gasp!), but as of now, I can pick sides right?
-Team Adrian for sure (for now)!



3. Max/Scarlett/Eric - Suite Scarlett series by Maureen Johnson
-Okay, since this series is also unresolved (can't wait for book 3!) I'm gonna say... Team Max!
-Because I don't like Eric much, and Max is sweet. I know I know, I've already mentioned them in my other W3C post, but what-eva.



4. Peeta/Katniss/Gale - The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
-Who didn't see this coming?! Come on! Of course it would be here :)
-Team Peeta, because really, Gale is just a friend and doesn't really understand the ordeal Katniss has been through. I can go on and on, but I won't, I'll just say I can't wait for Mockingjay!!

-&-

I know I could probably include some other ones (a big one going around right now is from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, I haven't read it yet though but I've heard all about it). My question to you is...

What love triangles to you like? And what team are you on??? Haha, I won't judge (unless you pick Gale.. jk :P)

11 comments:

  1. Ooo...these are some great ones! I just finished Demon's Lexicon two nights ago, and I'd probably go with Nick, though I really like Alan. Vampire Academy would definitely be Adrian, haven't read Suite Scarlett, and The Hunger Games would have to be Peeta! Great post, great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love love triangles! The Rose/Adrian/Dimitri triangle is awesome - can I have both guys? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love a good love triangle if its done right. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned except for VA and even though I LOVE Adrian I think she belongs with Dimitri. I have say, Team Dimitri. Will check out the others you mentioned.

    How about the Summer books by Jenny Han. Conrad or Jeremiah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I really don't like love-triangles. It's very rare when I'm actually okay with a love-triangle. Out of all the books I've read, Katniss/Peeta/Gale is the only one I'm completely okay with.
    I'm Team Peeta. I won't be upset if it's K/G at the end, but if Peeta dies or if there really isn't closure with K/P, then yeah, I will be upset. :( And I will definitely be upset if neither pairing happens at the end. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. It had better be Alan!! I LOVE Alan.

    And I switch teams constantly with Peeta and Gale I am worse than Katniss!! Tonight though Peeta!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie- hehehe read and find out! Yes Adrian and Peeta! :D

    YA Vampire Books- haha I wish.... :P

    Kelley- I actually haven't read the SUmmer books, but I will definitely try to get to them this summer (haha, is that too much summer?) And I agree, when done right love triangles add tons of interest.

    AJ- I understand, love triangles only work if they're done right :) But for the HG thing, I think a lot of attention goes to the triangles when I think the book is definitely more about the plot/rebellion. It's just a fun thing to have on the side, i think

    Alexa- haha, read it and find out :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!!! I'm completely Team Adrian but all my friends are Team Dimitri ):

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go with Peeta!!!

    I have to really catch up on all these other series you mentioned. Sounds really interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to remember to participate in this meme one of these Wednesdays because I always enjoy your "Wednesday's 3 Couples" posts! :)

    I have a major soft spot for love triangles, perhaps because I secretly love to be tortured by books. To weigh in on the triangles you mentioned:

    1. My copy of The Demon's Covenant still hasn't arrived yet, but based upon The Demon's Lexicon I am #TeamAlan.

    2. Having read VA#1-4, I am still #TeamDimitri. I just love Rose & Dimitri too much to give up on him yet. Perhaps Spirit Bound will change my mind.

    3. Since I've only read Suite Scarlett & haven't picked up Scarlett Fever yet, I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on this one. So I will throw another triangle into the mix for fun - Lisa Mantchev's Theater Illuminata (Eyes Like Stars & Perchance to Dream) triangle between Ariel/Beatrice/Nate! I am #TeamAriel. :)

    4. #TeamPeeta!! I am head over heels for the sweet boy with the bread!

    5. Since you mentioned The Iron King, #TeamAsh. I actually adore Puck, but Prince Ash is the guy for Meghan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alice- yay! my friends don't read VA :( Go Adrian!

    Book Quoter- hurray! Peeta fan! and trust me, those other series are awesome!

    Violet- pretty please participate? *flutters eyelashes in a completely non-creepy manner* Love the hashtags! And I have to read The Iron King! All these talks of Ash/Puck makes me feel left out, haha. I've also been dying to read the Theatre Illuminata as well, it sounds wonderful, and there's a love triangle :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Team Peeta! I know, you love me, right? High five!

    I actually have a few theories regarding Peeta & Katniss. I'll email you sometime. :D

    I just started THE DEMON'S LEXICON and need to finish around six books within the next week... so I might not get along in that one for awhile. As of now, however, I think Nick's way more interesting than Alan, but he has some maturing to do before I'd be on his team.

    I haven't read any of the other series you mentioned! Of all of them (besides THE HUNGER GAMES & DEMON'S LEXICON TRILOGY), which would you say is your favorite?

    I also love the Simon/Clary/Jace triangle from the MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES. Great, great books, and I'm Team Jace! (Except he, too, has some growing-up to do, IMO.)

    Overall, Peeta's the one I'd marry, because he's the best person out of all of them. :D

    (I'm too lazy to read through this comment, so please excuse typos!)

    ReplyDelete