Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday's 3 Couples (7)

Wednesday's 3 Couples is a post/meme I created to help me regulate posts. It is biweekly, and usually has a theme! It lets me share my love of YA lit couples with others.
**

This week's theme: KICK-ASS! As in, they literally, kick ass.

I have more than 3, so I'll start off with some


Honourable Mentions:

Annabeth and Percy - Percy Jackon and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan

-Percy and Annabeth (with a little help from their demi-godly friends) fight, maim, and defeat countless monsters throughout the book.
-The series is basically complete action, thus, there is plenty of butt kicking to go around.


Viola and Todd - Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness (The Knife of Never Letting Go, and The Ask and the Answer are out now)

-First, they fight for their lives.
-Then they fight against the bad guys 'politically' in a wicked manner.
-They make an unbelievable pair, and I love Todd!


Now for the Big 3...

Katsa and Po - Graceling by Kristin Cashore

-Uhm... they are both graced in a way that exponentially heightens their ass-kicking abilities.
-Katsa doesn't want to be a killer, but let's face it- she's a damn good one.
-The pair can take on anybody... even the person who is messing up everybody's heads.
-One of my favourite couples in YA lit!


Rose and Dimitri - Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

-They were both guardians and incredibly gifted in fighting
-Rose is a girl capable of kicking any guy's ass
-Dimitri is hot (yes, that's a reason) in the books 1-3 (yes, there are limitations)
-Thought I'm a Rose/Adrian shipper as of right now, I do hope Dimitri can redeem himself.


Katniss and Peeta - The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

-Who didn't see this one coming? I'm on Team Peeta, btw =)
-Katniss is so fricken cool, and is a damn good survivor, and an amazing fighter.
-Peeta is so fricken devoted to her... sigh.. and he can hold his own in a fight.
-They are an amazing team/couple

-&-

So who are your favourite couples in YA lit? Like this meme? Feel free to copy it :)
And... who is your favourite character that is an ass-kicking-machine? (not named Harry Potter... lol)

9 comments:

  1. YES! Katsa and Po for sure :D

    I'm not on Team Dimitri anymore either, lol ... but he was awesome in the first 3 books :)

    Katniss and GALE!!! :P Peeta is just so ... pathetic :s ... Gale is awesomeness ... he would have survived far better had he been in the Hunger Games, but (luckily?) never got the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katnis & Peeta - totally agree! they compliment each other. I see Gale as more of a hunting buddy :-)
    Anabeth & Percy are good too.
    I haven't read the other books on your list but Graceling and the Knife of Letting Go are on my tbr pile.
    I just read Wicked Lovely so I will add Seth and Ash to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like Katsa & Po. And I've only read the first book of Vampire Academy, but I did like Rose/Dimitri. Need to read the other books. Gotta know what's up with Dimitri. >:}


    Right now, my top three couples are:
    #1: Taylor & Jonah from Jellicoe Road
    #2: Finnikin & Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock
    #3: Katniss & Peeta from The Hunger Games

    Honorable mentions:
    -Janie & Cabel from the Wake trilogy
    -Chloe & Derek from Darkest Powers (I've only read the first book, but I basically have an idea. Can't wait to read the other 2 books!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. team peeta whoop whoop!! and omg rose and Dimitri? you mean rose and Adrian hehehe love these guys awesome!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katsa and Po! Those two are just magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have to go read Graceling...I'm intrigued by all the Katsa and Po comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bella- No! Peeta! I'll admit, at the end of Hunger Games, I was still iffy. I though a potential Katniss/Gale romance coulda been cool, but after CF... PEETA ALL THE WAY! and yes, Katsa and Po are gold.

    Karen- Yay! Peeta fan! I'm glad Seth ended up with Ash, boo Keenan boo! And I hope you LOVE Graceling, I thought it was an exceptional book :)

    AJ- Aren't they awesome? and you won't get any spoilers from me ;) read them, the VA series is excellent! AND YOU'RE A MELINA MARCHETTA FAN!!!! brownie points, kudos, all those bonus things because you are just too awesome. Taylor & Jonah = <33

    blue- Rose and Adrian FTW! :) Still two more books in the series, maybe my views will shift, lol.

    Erika- Aren't they? Adorable, fierce, kick-ass... <3

    --thank you all for commenting! you guys are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE KATNISS AND PEETA!!! So excited for the third book to come out in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*