Sunday, May 16, 2010

she said i think i'll go to boston....

You don't know me, you don't even care,
oh yeah,
She said you don't know me,
and you don't wear my chains... oh yeah,

She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name...

-'Boston' by Augustana


First, let's clear this up. I did not find this song via that Greyson kid on Ellen, I was pleasantly surprised that he knew about it though. And I am so sick of all the twitter stuff about him XP. I found this because I was listening through some Scrubs soundtracks, and this one was just too beautiful. It's been on repeat for a while on my iPod. Oh, and I love fonts (cause I'm a total geek) so I made a picture-thingy as well.

Anyways, that aside, I think this is a really beautiful song, the melody is smooth and lulling, the lyrics are excellent, and the voice is pitch perfect. Watch the video below, isn't it awesome? They have an actual music video too, but I really like the simpleness of this one.



I haven't done a song post in a while, so why not one this week? I'm still prepping my other reviews that should be up soon,; I've read some pretty awesome books so keep an eye out for those. Your thoughts on the song? And what are your favourite songs at the moment?

10 comments:

  1. I don't believe I've heard of Augustana before. The lyrics sound sad, but like you said, the song is soothing. I like the singer's voice. :3


    Some songs I like at the moment:
    The Reeling by Passion Pit
    Golden Star, Inside A Boy, To Pluto's Moon (Son Lux Remix), and Dragonfly by My Brightest Diamond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Augustana. My favorite song from them is "Stars and Boulevard" and "Lonely People". You should definitely check out their other songs. They're really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Scrubs soundtrack - I just listened to it the other day. Nice song!!
    I have a good CD from VW (the car maker) too. Same type of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love this song! I actually went to their concert a few weeks ago, it was awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this song too! I actually first heard it a few years ago, but I still like listening to it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Augustana. You should really check out more music from them. I'm sure you'd love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this song! I kept hearing it at work so I bought it on iTunes. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AJ- Thank you so much for including those links! I'm off to check them out right now (after finishing this, I mean). thanks!!

    Adriana- I'll definitely need to search them on YouTube :) thank you for the recs, I'm sure they'll be awesome.

    Karen- I know! I stumbled upon it at my friends house, and listend to a couple songs and I realized I knew, like, none of them but they were all really good :) VW CD? Might need to check that out.

    Sara- LUCKY! Wow, they seem to sound really good live ;)

    ALN- I'm so glad you do, it's on my iPod repeat right now :)

    YA Vampire Books- I know, right ;)

    Michelle- I defintely will :D

    Catie S- isn't it awesome? I bought their CD off iTunes as well just yesterday, I'm a happy girl now :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Audrey, I made a music post on my blog for "Stars & Boulevard"if you wanna check it out.
    I also linked back to you. :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*