Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday's Finest (15)

Friday's Finest is a meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

Again, I'm woefully unprepared. But I'll whip out a trusty book from my bookshelf, one I mini-reviewed ages ago but is still a favourite among tons of bloggers. Oh, and this quote is just meant to be fun and random :) I read it and thought, Well this is fun and random.


Book: Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles

Quote:

(Brittany)

I'm having a nightmare that a thousand little Oompa Loompas are in my head, hammering my skull. Opening my eyes to bright light, I wince. The Oompa Loompas are still there, and I'm awake.

"You've got a hangover," a girl says to me.

-&-

I think that's the best description of a hangover I've ever read, it made me giggle when I found it.

So have you read this book before? Did you like it? And what do you think of the quote? :p

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book. Funny quote. Very descriptive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have read it, and it's great! one of my favorites <3 the quote is hilarious! it's amazing how accurate it is :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I remember that quote. It's quite the unique way of describing a hangover.I really loved this book a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I hopped over! Great quote! Perfect description. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet- I liked it :)

    Erika- Haha, I wouldn't know, but I giggled when I read it!

    Michelle- unique for sure! And it makes it interesting as well

    Suko- Thank youu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe love it! Gosh it reminds me how amazing this book is!

    Have an awesome weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I'm in the minority here, as I wouldn't necessarily liken a hangover to Oompa Loompas banging around in my head...but that's still a fun quote! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read this! I'm off to read your mini-review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through the hop - Love your blog! We have a lot of the same tastes!

    Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series? My giveaway for the latest book *signed* by Charlaine Harris is here.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara- thank you :) you too!

    Kris- I wouldn't know ;) but I'll take your word for it? No Oompa Loompas? haha

    Madeleine-...I hope you're not too disappointed with that amazingly small and pathetic review :P

    Arena- Thank you for stopping by! i've actually never read the Stackhouse series, I've heard about it though :) I'm off to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here from the Saturday network!

    lol, I feel like the only person who hasn't read Perfect Chem, but the quote is tres cute! And this meme sounds AWESOME, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*