Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday's Finest (13)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

Again, another last-minute post. I love this meme, I just always forget about it!

I'm reading an awesome, amazing book that covers a paranormal sub-genre that doesn't annoy me (wow... picky much?), I'm not done it yet but it's excellent so far. If you follow my twitter, you'd know I was super excited when this book arrived! I'm feelin' pretty blessed reading great books lately. Here's a line that made me laugh... =]

It's almost like a teaser sentence (it's even funnier when you read what is happening in the scene, I just don't want to give away any spoilers!).

-&-

Book: The Demon's Covenant (sequel to The Demon's Lexicon)
by Sarah Rees Brennan

Quote:
"Oh, don't," Nick said. "You'll get me all hot and bothered in public."

-&-
I don't know what it was, but this one made me laugh. Maybe it was just how the whole situation was, and how it was definitely not what I was expecting coming from Nick.

I know, I usually have long-winded, philosophical life quotes for this meme, but I thought I'd give you a taste of this unique book, I'll leave my other thoughts for my actual review. Just know, the book is laced with subtle, humorous rapport and language- a joy to read.. and giggle at. If you haven't read The Demon's Lexicon, I highly recommend it!

Also, I'm giving away this book and Spirit Bound in my contest, ending 5/18.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this book! I' m now dying to know who Nick was talking to and what was happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds like a good book...and a good series! Ah, I've yet to try it. The cover looks lovely, too :)

    And thanks for participating again, even if it's last minute! :D It's sort of the opposite for me (but not really). I always share quotes...but I never have the time to explain them! Lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa- look for a review soon, the book is amazing ;)

    Justine- I say this all the time, I adore this meme b/c quotes are just...timeless! thanks for hosting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Audrey! Just wanted to let you know you have an award waiting for you here.

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    Stella

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*