Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday's Finest (12)

Friday's Finest is a new meme hosted by Steff & Justine from A Bookful of Thoughts.

Rules:
~Post a quote that really stuck to you after reading it in a book.
~Make sure it isn't a spoiler!
~If you'd like, expand on what you think it means and why you chose it.
**

I didn't really find any amazing quotes in the books I read this week, Zan Gah and Incarceron, so I just decided to use one from my bookshelf. I turned to a trusty Courtney Summers' book, searched for a quote I liked, typed it all out until I realized I've already done a FF based on her book before. So a different one... I actually had to take this from my 'quotes' file on my computer (yes, I keep a file with my favourite quotes, don't judge), but I still really like it.

If you'd like, you can read my review of the Skulduggery Pleasant here, it was a hilarious book.


Book: Skulduggery Pleasant
by Derek Landy

Quote:
There’s no such thing as winning or losing. There is won and there is lost, there is victory and defeat. There are absolutes. Everything in between is still left to fight for. Serpine will have won only when there is no one left to stand against him. Until then, there is only the struggle, because tides do what tides do–they turn.

**
(Serpine is the bad guy, btw)

I really like this one; you can probably tell because I wrote it down and saved it, but anyways, I think it is both hopeful and full of determination, I wouldn't have been surprised if you replaced 'Serpine' with 'Voldemort"... it sounds like something straight out of Harry Potter! A great way to say "never give up", don't you think?

Like the quote? Dislike it? Favourite quotes of your own?

2 comments:

  1. great quote, and hey i have a book full of quotes, just saying lol, i really adore this meme, ps you have an award @ my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*