Monday, May 17, 2010

Blog Tip

Yes, I know I'm supremely underqualified to be giving out tips about blogging and blogs, but I actually stumbled upon something that I think a lot of people will like. Doesn't it get tedious when on your blog, you click on a link and you get siphoned away? Well, I found a super duper easy way to make sure that when you click a link on your blog, a new window will open. It also keeps readers on your blog instead of navigating them elsewhere :)So for example, on my review, I linked to goodreads. Before, if you clicked on "goodreads" my review will disappear and you will find yourself on goodreads. With this, a new window will appear and send you to goodreads, and you will still be able to read my review! Get it?

Okay, okay, I might be the only one who finds this fascinating :P But I thought why not share it? (or maybe I'm just the last one to find out about this, like always... haha. I'll bet tons of blogs already do this)

Now how do I do this? Read closely (not that close! Your head will hit the screen!... that's better...)
*Oh, and I'm sorry I had to make some parts pictures, blogger wouldn't let me type it out D: But I'm sure you can figure it out!*

1. Go to your Blogger Dashboard, click on "Layout"

2. Click "Edit HTML"

3. Use "Ctrl-F" to find this:

(it should be near the top)

4. Add this code directly after the"head" :

5. If you want, preview it to make sure it's okay. Then just save, and Voila!

-&-
I hope this was clear, I found it really quick and simple, and makes life a bit more convenient. Plus, it's really easy to reverse if you don't like it. Oh, and I by no way take any credit for this, I found it after some googling, for more information go here. (did you see it open up in a new window?)

8 comments:

  1. This is definitely essential when you're blogging- the internet is an extremely vast place, and it's so easy to get carried away from site to site. The smallest changes make big differences- good on you for sharing this tidbit, Audrey~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg thanks! I got so tired of typing in that target & _blank for each link I had in a post. ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!! This is priceless. Seriously. I get so annoyed when I'm reading a blog--especially a really interesting one--and I get tossed to another dimension by clicking on a link. I will so use this.

    Thanks. *Squeezees*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. I never even thought about that until you mentioned it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this tip! I just did it, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are super welcome :) I love that it helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I starred this forever ago and just stumbled upon it. It was really helpful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AUDREY! So helpful. I never would have figured out how to do this without your help, but I've been wanting to do it on my blog for awhile. :D

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*