Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday's 3 Couples (5)

Wednesday's 3 Couples is a post/meme I created for myself to help me regulate posts. It is biweekly, and usually has a theme! It lets me share my love of YA lit couples with others.

This weeks theme: CUTE! Which is self explanatory, those couples (excluding almost every Dessen couple, because lets face it, they usually steal the cake) that make you smile and your heart warm because they are just too adorable.


*SPOILERS INCLUDED!!*


1. Terra and Jacob - North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
-Goth Asian with insecure girl? I never woulda thought it, but it works.
-Will admit, this couple makes the list mostly because of Jacob. I want my own Jacob, because honestly, he is caring, thoughtful, and perfect. And I can overlook the fact that he wears more make-up than me for a whole segment of the book.
-He helps Terra learn who she really is. Awwww.




2. Guy and Willow - Willow by Julia Hoban
-Willow is like a horrible puddle of sadness, and Guy is there to dry her off.
-Basically, he's there for her, and for everything, and he stays on the phone for hours just listening to her breathing, and he helps her change, and he is just perrfect.
-Reading about Willow makes my heart break, but when Guy comes around and she slowly starts healing herself, I smile.




3. Tobin and The Duke - "A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle" from Let it Snow by John Green + others
-First, Tobin is the guy and The Duke is the girl, and for those of you who have read the book, you know how John Green expertly navigates a friendship and the humour and strong bond between these two is undeniably amazing. And it's a short story too!!
-How The Duke is so fricken witty it makes me insanely jealous.
-The ending when she confesses her feelings is too endearing, not necessarily "cute" but sooooo good. But by the end, they are cutie pa-tooties.



Final Thoughts:

Okay, I realize that most relationships are made "cute" because of a fantastically amazing, unrealistic (it makes me sad to say this, but I doubt there is every gonna be a single Jacob out there D:, a Guy might be easier to find though...I dunno though..) and thoughtful boy, and a damsel in distress (it also pains me to say this, because I generally don't like weak female characters, but I think these "damsels" are just distressed and not "weak"). This applies more to #1 and #2.

So, I included #3, with Tobin and the Duke, becuase personally, I think it is the Duke that makes this relationship so full of awesome. How much she cares for her friends, her reasoning behind going to the Waffle House, how she tells Tobin how she feels at the end... I want to be her friend. And she was hilarious too.



What are your favourite couples? Couples you find so cute you kind of want to gag? Couples with relationships that makes you depressed that you don't have your own "knight in shining armour"? (sorry to those feminists, I know we shouldn't need to be rescued by men!) Leave a comment tell me!!

8 comments:

  1. i'm actually readig Willow and it's clear tha Guy is realy a cute guy *sigh*. i haven't read North of Beatiful yet but Jacob sounds like the kind of guy you wish there would be in the real world 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Guy as well. He was a great character as was Jacob from North of Beautiful. fun post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such great things about Willow!! I'd also like to read Let it Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute meme, it sucks that the book couples youve rated are the books im dying to read meh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these couples! I definitely want a Guy or a Jacob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flo- Don't you wish you had your own Guy? *sigh* is right. :D

    Michelle- I know! I can't decide which one I liked better :) They were so perfect xp

    Carrie- they were awesome books! (that are completely different)

    blueicegal- thank you! Yeah, I loved all of these books.

    Library Lurker- I know, right?! *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cute meme :)

    I adore Guy and Willow and I love Tobin and the Duke too, I like seeing them through someone else's eyes in the last story too. I had to jump couple No 1 as I haven't read it yet.

    Obviously top couple EVER are Francesca and Will :) I also love Macy and Wes (ah Wes) and Kate and Will from Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alexa- weren't they just adorable?? And don't worry, I haven't forgotten Frankie and Will, they're on another list/theme (although of course you're right, they are gosh-darn cute)!!

    ReplyDelete

DFTBA :)
for those who are confused, it means "Don't forget to be AWESOME". *hugs*